It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banned IP for Rense.com?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Anyone else have a problem sending emails to [email protected] or [email protected]?
Everytime I try, I get them returned stating that my IP was blocked. Why would my IP be blocked? I've never spammed him. I've only sent them links to articles that I found that might be of importance to put up when I don't see them on their site. I also write my own stuff sometimes. I've had articles and artwork posted on his site a few times. One of my pieces was actually posted as the main art on his site a few years ago. It was the marcel/weatherballoon photo, but I CG'd a gray's head poking in through the window.
Anyways, why am I blocked? Anyone?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Funny you bring this up, I sent a email to Rense today but it was bounced back saying there inbox was full.

failure noticeā€
Sent: September 27, 2008 1:44:46 PM
To: sauron_####.com

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at arkansas.net.I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out. : MAILBOX FULL Sorry, your message cannot be delivered because your recipient'smailbox is temporarily full.

[edit on 28/9/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I received that one as well, in addition to the IP Blocked notifications:

undeliverable to [email protected]

Server response to MAIL FROM:
550 550 Dynamic/zombied/spam IPs blocked. Write [email protected]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Most likely they have fallen victim to an 'email bomb' where numerous zombie servers or computers send thousands of emails per second to their inbox. Not too long ago they suffered denial of service attacks, so this would be in line with that.

It would certainly explain the inbox being full, and if they have installed some overzealous filtering and protection, it would explain some emails being blocked.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

top topics

join