It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Post Attempts To Downplay The Gas Shortage In Atlanta! Look at what I found!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Something is going on with this gas shortage, and I do not believe it's about "Ike" or gas hording..I've been doing alot of research on the net between forums and such, and I'm telling you it's getting really weird..
Please read this article that I found today, and make sure you read
page 2 also..Very interesting...
www.opednews.com...

[edit on 27-9-2008 by MissysWorld]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MissysWorld

The rest of the United States is experiencing none of this; gass is not as cheap as we would like ,but it is still plentiful. Maybe the deep South is being targeted.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It was plentyful in all the states I listed..
but as each day went by more towns in different states, ran dry..Yours could be next...

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
One last thing to think about..
If you go to youtube and type in truckers out of gas..you will see that in those states that are having gas shortages, truckers too are waiting to get back on the road..
Lets see..if truckers can't get gas..what does that mean to your local grocer??
It means that food supply's will get really low..
Odd..NEWS does not seem to be worried about it at all..
Some of these towns have been without gas for weeks..truckers alike..
think about it...

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissysWorld
It was plentyful in all the states I listed..
but as each day went by more towns in different states, ran dry..Yours could be next...

That could become quite interesting. I live in a state that still has oil and many refineries. We also have coal and natural gas. Oil can be derived from coal.

Personally, I think you have a distribution problem. The distribution problem may be politically motivated.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
As I've explained in several other threads, Atlanta uses a cleaner burning gas that only comes from one refinery. Most of the South gets gas from the same refinery farms. They can go to other cities and "borrow" gas from them, where Atlanta can't. We're the only ones around here that I know of that use this particular type of gas. It gives the city a $10M tax break every year.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Atlanta, Asheville and Nashville are having horrible shortages. In Knoxville, we are fine with gas at $3.39

When Ike was about to make landfall KNOXVILLE was at $5.00 gallon or more and was the most expensive in the country, including Alaska!

I was in a motorhome on the way to Chattanooga(1.5 hour drive) and once you got a county out, there was plenty of gas at $3.99 a gallon.

Pilot oil has its headquarters in town and our Mayor's brother is the head of Pilot oil(Haslam's)

I don't know. My friend in Asheville says they just can't get gas, the lines are awful, police are having to direct traffic when stations do get gas.

You get a county out of Atlanta, and you have gas again. Makes you wonder. Drove the motorhome down there last week too. Not fun at the pumps

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Lets say..Just because we're bored..we check into each city, of each state, that has been and still is out of gas...and see what that city produces..what manufacturing companies are in Nashville Tennessee?
Anyone???
And how will others who are happy that they are not Nashville right now, suffer? Because what effects each state will trickle down to all...
So I guess what I'm saying is..
If Nashville has a company there, lets say..
Tyson Chicken..
and they are out of gas, which means the truckers are not going to get any gas there, and if they are smart would keep thier distance from all
6 -7 states that are out of gas..
How does that effect us all?? It means who ever they distribute Tyson to..will be eating baloney on Sunday...
I would check what products comes out of that state..now...

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MissysWorld

Notice how the public schools still have gas for school busses. Of course, they have an independent supply and do not rely on local bussiness to supply them with gas. You will know that the oil crises is for real when school busses stop coming to pick up children.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by eradown]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
maybe after you all do your homework on Nashville, Tenn..Lets say we all check out what big companies are in another No gas town..How about..
Charlotte Noth Carolina..
Humm..isent Charlotte known as the 2nd LARGEST banking and financial center in the USA..only behind New York???
Read this poster on a forum talking about RUMORS that thier main bank,
WACHOVIA might be taken over by a larger bank...
This was posted in JUNE, 08
VERY interesting....
www.city-data.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The comment about being one county out and gas being plentiful isn't true anymore. I cover an area from Atlanta to Nashville and Knoxville. Gas is fine in Knoxville but Atlanta was out, Chattanooga was losing stations, and Woodstock GA, Kennesaw GA, Cartersville GA were all pretty drained when I was looking for fuel on Thursday night!

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
As I've explained in several other threads, Atlanta uses a cleaner burning gas that only comes from one refinery. Most of the South gets gas from the same refinery farms. They can go to other cities and "borrow" gas from them, where Atlanta can't. We're the only ones around here that I know of that use this particular type of gas. It gives the city a $10M tax break every year.

Yes Atlanta specifically he right.Special kind of gas.Low sulfur.

One reason for Atlanta’s shortage was the area’s requirements for a special type of fuel. It’s a unique fuel affecting the sulfur content that’s required in 45 counties in Georgia. But the temporary waiver of the reformulated gas, combined with more refineries coming back online, should ease the shortage.
www.ajc.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
look I live in Charlotte...I went through this debacle. This was much bigger than a pipeline issue.. My guess is a Government test...Now I know alot of ppl think this is ludicrous... but if you werent there the media sure didnt inform you of what REALLY happened. I grew up in 70' s gas crunch.It was NOTHING compared to this event. Police directing traffic in stations..mile long lines.people camping in there cars overnight to get gas..IT WAS INSAnITY... The infrstructure of the southeast US just could not be this weak..IF IT IS this should be a wakeup call to all..governmet and citizens alike should take note of how easy it was to shut down a regon..YeS even the schools and police and pblic transporttion were affected..

new topics

top topics

join