It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this where ATS originated?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 06:52 AM
link   
images.amazon.com...

I just want to know what the influence was for the title of this website, that's all. I was browsing, and came across the above mentioned book, and noticed the similarity to ATS.

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Could be to be honest your guess is as good as mine.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
*gasp!* maybe simon has some conspiracy fo the origins of ATS! is he plaguerising a book? is he doing it just for fun? is it something really run by the government? who knows? but this place sure is fun as hell, that's all i know?

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This website started off back in the mid-90s as the Area 51 Research Center running of free webhosts.

The first version of what eventually became AboveTopSecret.com consisted of about five or so pages, my main interest at the time being the Groom Lake, Nevada facility known as Area 51. I also wrote an article about the Roswell incident and some aircraft-related pages.

It was all uphill from there, registering for the abovetopsecret.com domain name, adding more articles, implementing a rather simple chatroom and then a message board system through ezBoard.

The name itself, Above Top Secret, was actually based on an albeit fake document I saw in a UFO magazine that had "Above Top Secret" stamped on it. It wasn't until years later I started reading Timothy Good's books. To be honest, aliens and UFOs isn't a great interest of mine, but rather military technology and aerospace projects.

Thanks to some extremely helpful ideas, knowledge and more importantly an interest in my website, SkepticOverlord has transformed ATS into the powerhouse community it is now.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Wow, thanks for the info, Sir. I love this site, and I must say that it is the most intriguing and capitivating conspiracy theory (and otherwise) webiste on-line today!!!

for a job well done!

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild
Wow, thanks for the info, Sir.

HE SAID "SIR" !!!! Did you notice that??

StarChild - Kiss your Momma for me. It's nice to see some "manners" around here

top topics

join