It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aspartame - the secret killer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Many people do not know what Aspartame is or what it does to the the human system. It contains chemicals which break down internally and has been linked to Parkinsons Desease, ADHD and cronic depression.

The following link is an open letter to a consumer representative from SlimFast and is one everyone should be aware of.

I have cut out all aspartame from my diet and have recommended this to friends and colleagues (one actually recovered from severe mood swings once she had eliminated this toxin from her diet) and urge everyone to inform their circle of friends.

Full Letter

DoD

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   
It has a very worrying hazchem listing see below

Aspartame

ull.chemistry.uakron.edu...

Aspartic acid

ull.chemistry.uakron.edu...

The views and opinions expressed in this page are strictly those of the page author. The contents of this page have not been reviewed or approved by The University of Akron. This page and the database was last updated on November 4, 2003.

[Edited on 23-3-2004 by DoD]

[Edited on 23-3-2004 by DoD]

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
You should see the Hazmat reports on some of the "natural" stuff -- that'd give you the willies as well.

The asparatame thing is a panic/overreaction started by someone who's allergic to the stuff and now has an Agenda to get it off the market.

Here's the link documenting all the ...overstatements... on Snopes: www.snopes.com...

This is one case where a "stop and think about it" form of science would show you how wrong it is. Corporations are full of people over the age of 40 who, like me, have been drinking the aspertame-laced stuff (one or more cans per day) ever since it was released on the market. If *any* of that was true, we'd be having a national health crisis with huge numbers of people coming down with MS and other things.

Heck, judging from the number of websites warning about it, I should also be coming down with Gulf War Syndrome from guzzling all this stuff. Alas, poor fear-mongers -- I seem to be completely free of GWS.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I have cut it out of my diet as well, but went to Surculose ( Splenda) I am sure this isnt much better.
Any one here anything about this?

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Oh my God....bring on the "real" sugar. Very informative posting. thank You!

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by Ade1965x]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
You should see the Hazmat reports on some of the "natural" stuff -- that'd give you the willies as well.

The asparatame thing is a panic/overreaction started by someone who's allergic to the stuff and now has an Agenda to get it off the market.

Here's the link documenting all the ...overstatements... on Snopes: www.snopes.com...

This is one case where a "stop and think about it" form of science would show you how wrong it is. Corporations are full of people over the age of 40 who, like me, have been drinking the aspertame-laced stuff (one or more cans per day) ever since it was released on the market. If *any* of that was true, we'd be having a national health crisis with huge numbers of people coming down with MS and other things.

Heck, judging from the number of websites warning about it, I should also be coming down with Gulf War Syndrome from guzzling all this stuff. Alas, poor fear-mongers -- I seem to be completely free of GWS.

One could agree with you, except that most all studies not done by the aspartame industry determined it unsafe.

Most salient fact is that the Commissioner who approved it, resigned and went to work for the industry.

I don't know about you nor anyone else, but if something even may be unsafe one time out of a thousand, I do not want it. Aspartame unfortunately is chemically unsound from any safety viewpoint. Even the most basic high school chemistry, and even elementary science fair experiements demonstrate the breakdown of it into unacceptable molecules for the human body.

Better safe than sorry?

Well you may have a unique metabolism, but even were it so, would you really want methanol, formalthehyde, and formic acid in any concentration in your system?

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by SkipShipman]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

No mather what that person had on their "agenda", I'm pretty sure that most claims that aspartane is bad for the heatlh are real, and should not be taken lightly.

I my self have cutted all soft drink from my alimentation, and the only source of aspartane I could still use, would be chewing gum. But I ain't cutting that out.

"Eat well, excercise everyday, and die anyway"

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Aspartame is something that you NEED to look further into - you state that you should be falling over along with half the populace becasue you have been ingesting this chemical compound for years. Well...take a look around. The rise in Alzheimer's disease, ADHD and various other neurological ailments are spiralling out of control.

For a full History of Aspartame, please read here. It is a long post but the information it contains is, IMO, invaluable.

A quick quote from this article.....

"Aspartame creates altered brain function, nerve damage, and systemic organ complications. Information collected reveals that aspartame clinically exacerbates any borderline (even yet undetected) predisposing illness, and absolutely complicates certain known medical illnesses like Lupus, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson's, diabetes, retinopathies, allergies, mentation disorders, etc. (See list of symptoms 1)"

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Isnt Donald Rumsfeld connected to aspartame?

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NaturalDisaster
Isnt Donald Rumsfeld connected to aspartame?

No. He's connected with disaster tho lol..

j/k

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Donald Rumsfeld, In June 1977, he became Chief Executive Officer of G. D. Searle & Co., a worldwide pharmaceutical company, where he served until 1985. The turnaround there earned him awards as the Outstanding Chief Executive Officer in the Pharmaceutical Industry in 1980 and 1981.

He along with Robert Shapiro are solely responsible for using their political muscle and graft to buy off the FDA and get NutraSweet approved and are responsible for the death and disease caused.

From www.aspartamekills.com...

The above site seem kinda biased for some reason.

new topics

top topics

join