It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA files for Chapter 7

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I took a walk the other day, a long one due to the stresses of life. I met an interesting man at the park. He was homeless, but very wise.

This man had a great take on life and the current financial situation of the US.

He said: “I would rather be in poverty, than in huge debt. I look at all the people trying to pay huge debt off, running around stressed out, destroying their families, lives, they are slaves and selling their souls to keep in this BS rat race they see on TV. They don’t even know what matters anymore. I am homeless because I choose it and it’s simple. I don’t own anyone anything. And I enjoy each day and the simple things in life that most miss. Some people call me poor and treat me bad, laugh at me, but I am the richest man in the world because I owe nothing and live like I want to.”

I didn’t even know how to respond. He was right. We are slaves to a system. He also said slavery never went away it just got a new paint job and people bought into it. I think was he’s right.

What matters? Look at how we treat each other these days and how our people in charge treat us.

Maybe a total financial collapse would be a good thing.

USA files for Chapter 7. Now what? How do we start our new lives?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
I think he’s right.

Of course he's right. He's also probably not married anymore.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I guess we are all guilty of letting the things in our lives run our lives.The quest for the next,best thing ever.new plasmas,four disc blueray and on and on.That old man makes a lot of sense.We live our lives for our possessions.A little more love and a little less lust would do the world a lot of good.

join