It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennessee the Volunteer State

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I am just proposing that Tennessee donate the Lotto Proceeds to the improve the schools and kick to Treasury.. I would recommend that the other states consider doing same. People have to realize that sense of fairness in times of crisis, and that gambling while it is fun... is lining the pockets of greedy.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

-map

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
i am also from the volunteer state the lotto has been a joke. i haven't seen one school prosper from this lottery but yet they keep saling those tickets. it was a scam from the start just like in my home state of louisiana. anthing to detatch people from there money in the false hope of you can't win if you don't play.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Sure, we would gladly pay some of the debt with our fiat currency, but gov. Bredesen has been using it to shut down Tenncare and lining all the state representatives pockets.

But then again, currency nowadays isn't worth the paper it's printed on, so we would be paying debt with more debt?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taledus
Sure, we would gladly pay some of the debt with our fiat currency, but gov. Bredesen has been using it to shut down Tenncare and lining all the state representatives pockets.

But then again, currency nowadays isn't worth the paper it's printed on, so we would be paying debt with more debt?
what about the ball room under the gov. mansions, that was suppose to cost 19 million.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by crawgator406
what about the ball room under the gov. mansions, that was suppose to cost 19 million.

That is nothing compared to what he spends every week on crap the state just does not need. I hate to say it, but he has been the worst govenor EVER! The rednecks who wanted his @$$ in office sure are looking happy about it now.

The schools here in Lauderdale county are in poor shape to as well. The faculty at my sons school are ill-equipped to handle anyone considered "special needs" and has brought in Mr. Sorrell Issacs, who is working in conjunction with Professional Counselling Services on a grant through the government, has no children hisself, was working in banking just 2 years ago, but can be a "male role-model" for students who need help...what a crock! I can go on for hours about the retarded school system thanks to Mr. Bredesen's really neato plans-of-action.

The "only" people here able to get on any kind of assistance without having to get an attourney are black people...I am not racist in any way, but the workers at DHS think that by supporting black people and using thier power to help them and not anyone else, they will "overpopulate the white-man by making it difficult for them" - quote from un-named DHS worker. But that is probably a local issue and filing complaints does nothing.

We have the highest unemployment rate within the state too the last time I checked, and that's only counting those lucky individuals they actually approve for unemployment. I mean I am all for "not riding the system", but when my work let me go because I had exhausted all of my FMLA hours due to a knee surgery, and went to file to help out a bit, I was denied several times. So I look at it this way: since I am not privy to the benefits of being a citizen of this state, I am not responsible to them in any way...just let them ever ask or demand anything.

The state here is just crap...if it were not for certain people I probably would have moved to Scottland years ago!

[/rant]

new topics

top topics

join