It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serapis - a genetically engineered Hybrid?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
Byrd can you explain to me the dating of the Mithraic cults in the link I posted. Sounds like it could be very old if based on the astrological alignments he mentions. Are they older than Apis in that situation? I have a hard time with timelines.

The Mithraic religion is younger than the Apis bulls.

The astrological signs are Roman in origin (and Greek). The Sumerians and everyone else saw the same stars we do today, but they grouped them differently and had different constellations. For example, the Egyptians saw the hippopotamus goddess with a measuring stick standing in the stars near the North Pole.

So we have:
oldest Apis bull references/mummies: 2nd Egyptian dynasty, about 3000 BC
en.wikipedia.org...(Egyptian_mythology)

oldest Serapis references/statues: 300 BC
en.wikipedia.org...

Oldest Mithras references: about 10 AD
en.wikipedia.org...

I'm finding something I didn't know... that the bull apparently was NOT worshipped. There's no temples to bulls, no special sanctuary rooms to bulls, etc. They worshipped goddesses, yes, but not bulls (who may have been a "power animal" or a "special sacrifice animal") :
en.wikipedia.org...

www.mlahanas.de...

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Thank you for all that Byrd. Gives me a great starting point for more exploring.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
From the royal tombs of UR

The top scene is heraldic in nature, depicting a nearly nude, bearded male figure (probably semidivine) holding two rearing human-headed bulls,

The combination of human and animal features in some of the plaques' figures represents a Mesopotamian belief in power over the physical world by combination of various species' physical attributes.

Check out the link for some other beauties from the Sumerians.
link

[edit on 25-11-2008 by seagrass]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

"Problem is, when that old con man Von Daniken wrote that, Mayan had not been translated. When Hancock repeated the falsehood, Mayan had been translated. Hancock never bothered to find out that the Mayans described what the carving shows. It ain't no spaceman."

So, Harte, since the Mayan have been translated, what does the carving show ?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

As per "jackalope": I can only reference "platypus" and the initial reactions of the scientific community when the first ones were reported. Scientists basically said; "So, let me get this straight, it has fur, but a duck's bill, lays eggs and has poisonous barbs about it's hinderparts. THIS is what you're telling me?!?"

They changed their tune when live ones were produced.

As per the OP subject: again i reference the platypus. Surviving proof? Or bad joke by God?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Circular, self-referencing, self-reinforcing logic that's utterly dependant on there being a lack of evidence at all to work effectively.

As good a description of current mainstream Archaeology as I've ever seen

@ Skyfloating ... Interesting subject, beautifully presented as always...

Have you noticed? It seems that when Manetho is writing about something that 'mainstreamers' consider as fitting their paradigm he is writing 'history'... and when he mentions something they can't fit into their paradigm it becomes 'myth'?

This is called having your archaeological cake and eating it

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Amazing view my friend, seriously well thought out post, well constructed and well delivered, hybrid technologies for the ancient Egyptians has always been a keen element of thought to me. Accepted scholars agree, and rightly so, that the technologies are vastly out of their hands, it to me, seems obvious that at that time the ancients were visited, by aliens, who the Egyptians looked upon as gods, and they looked upon our planet, and tested on it, by that i mean, the inhabitants of it. why would you not if you were an intruding higher being examine the genetics and modifications that can be made to "foreign beings" i.e the hybrid theory.

Once again riveting stuff.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I saw this on AA at history channel.... the substance was "inconclusive" to the least.

When I see a sphinx, the meaning of it, for me, is that an animal gained conscience...

IMHO all these sculptures represent our relationship with the gods.... the "animals" (us) now
have a meaning.....(the head) at the same time, we can see depictions of animals with a
demon or cruel head.... this again to me seems like a warning of the curruption of conscience.

Hybrids, for me, is the superb, non-natural evolution to cro-magnon.... since the "bad" sphinxs
pictures comes even from summer, this was more an ancient philosofical debate over our
recent gained conscience.... The tale of Adammu from Sitchin 12th planet is the real hybrid.

A bad sphinx could be the representation of ego.... still animal afterall the intervention, a
complete deception to the gods... so you have all these sculptures of good and bad hybrids
living amongst the gods...

When the gods "departed", the sphinx loose the appeal in culture, because "we are alone".

Thanks for the thread! S+F

-Robert

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
The Original Post is a typical example of dishing stuff out while omitting the major /salient points.

The OP is about Serapis. But in the post, sky doesn't tell anything about the origin of Serapis. but goes to to tell a great deal about what Con Von Daniken has to tell or what another Con Hancock says. Both of them and many of their ilk, Omit the salient points to mould the matter into what they want it to be. exactly the same what is being done in the OP.

What or Who is Serapis??

I asked "What" since Serapis is a Construct of Man. Serapis was just a tool for Ptolemy I to bring together the Greek and Egyptian worshipers to one God, a god whom he could control.

Serapis was just that. A political Tool by a master schemer and ruler - Ptolemy I.

Now - Whats so Hybrid about Serapis?
Serpais was an amalgamation of Greek and Egyptian Gods and depicted as such.
There was no "Hybrid" indications in any of these depictions of Serapis.
The original post, once again was misleading the readers that serapis was depicted as something of a hybrid being, by posting images having wings and what not, but not at all connected with serapis.

Sky, to tell the truth, you have all the trappings of becoming a Psuedo-Whatever-ian. Why don't you apprentice with Daniken or Hancock or Childress. They would be proud to have such a prodigy as a student. Seriously.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join