It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you are REALLY prepared?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I have been reading on these forums for over a year now and just now registered so hello to all!

I see lots of talk and lots of videos now for a couple of years on the "NWO" so my question(s) are...

How many are you are actually prepared mentally and physically for a change? Are you willing to MAKE the change or just talk about it and wait for someone else to do the dirty work? Weapons for defense? Designated area to meet? Plans you have in the back of your mind?

I'm just curious to as who is really serious about this, it's up to us to make a change and we WILL have to use force when it comes down to it. Are you really ready?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Like Snoop, I got the guage, a uzi, and my nickle platted 22.

Actually we are prepared not to be prepared. So when something comes, it comes indeed with no excaping it.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

We've been shifting our mode into a more minimalist lifestyle for years. We live very simply and intend to continue that trend. I think we're as prepared [for what we can imagine] as we can be. There's just all that unknown stuff out there that we lack the imagination to anticipate.

We've already anticipated that our social security will not be there for us, nor will our retirement we've paid into. Personally, I'm ready to chuck it all and live off the land and the sea, but I suppose there are a few more toys to acquire, things to do that cost money. I'll tell you this: the person or group that is living off-grid and is self-sustaining and has a chance to protect their lifestyle will have an easier transition.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
It just depends on the situation...Am I prepared? I ask myself that everyday.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mabus
Like Snoop, I got the guage, a uzi, and my nickle platted 22.

Actually we are prepared not to be prepared. So when something comes, it comes indeed with no excaping it.

I agree, i believe everyone (Living in the land of free) we still have the right to purchase a gun. Everyone should have one.

But they want to catch us when we least expect it and that is by moving slowly in the dark but what I'm getting at is when things DO go down and they are at an obvious point. Who will lead the way? It's funny because by time someone or a "group" tries to make a move it's far too late.

So to me it's going to be hard to actually see anyone making a move because they will immediately be labeled a "terrorist group" and those people will be seen on TV in hand cuffs.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I'm Ready. I'm a 17 year old kid from Michigan who has been visiting this site for maybe a year now. I'm ready. It's hard when your my age; no one gives a damn on what I have to say. And I am not going to let OUR Country go to hell if I can do something about it!!! Especially with the years to come. I've thought about setting some type of commitee up or something in the future. ATS needs to be like an actual physical meeting group, not just a Forum. And we need to spread the word on all of this bull# that going down!.. UGH It all just enrages me. One person can't do #, we NEED to educate the ignorant masses. That's what I think.... My account on here is Twknoxx7 I think.. I don't sign in all that often, but visit on a regular basis.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by idontexist

I'm married to an old US Marine. His motto: Adapt, Improvise, Overcome. Like good boy scouts we believe in 'always be prepared.' So yes, I'd say we're prepared as much as we can be at the moment. We can't be prepared for everything, but we are prepared for the most forseeable.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
There is no where to hide so why go anywhere. I am going to get reacquainted with the people in my past that are level headed resourceful and can be counted on. Working in unity with friends and neighbors that can share knowledge experience tools and resources is what is going to be the way to get through the coming times. Skill in the garden, kitchen and with tools is the best thing to put to use. Avoiding confrontation at all cost is the best way to survive. If the military comes into play, let it be for the benefit of those that show that they are worthy of survival. Not for the power mongers and thieving money changers that have purposely created these coming difficult times. Save any violence for when all hope is totally lost, then do what you can when it is to your advantage, get out and live to do likewise again as necessary. Don't worry. Be happy.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by idontexist
I agree, i believe everyone (Living in the land of free) we still have the right to purchase a gun. Everyone should have one.

But they want to catch us when we least expect it and that is by moving slowly in the dark but what I'm getting at is when things DO go down and they are at an obvious point. Who will lead the way? It's funny because by time someone or a "group" tries to make a move it's far too late.

So to me it's going to be hard to actually see anyone making a move because they will immediately be labeled a "terrorist group" and those people will be seen on TV in hand cuffs.

It's like raised in the mind that: O that's what we got police and fire fighters for, O that's what we got hospitals and ambalances for, O that what we got issurance for, O that's what we got friends and family for, O that's what we got a bank account for for, O that's what we got an income straight from the government or etc for...etc.

^^All that can turn on a person or be removed from a person. Which leaves a person open to what they been not prepared for all along. It pays to be a lone wolf that's able to gather things solo when put outside of the norm. If you already stock up on things, and those things get taken or destroyed, then it shows ill-preparedness. The best way to go about it is to not be prepared but have an empravising mind set for if ever everything is taken or destroyed. I true surviver makes due in the situation come while under it. Only thing you must know is how to get things from a point zero start, instead of already store up goods and items.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Depends on what you mean. If you mean the worst of the worst happens, and i need to keep under the wire, with possible guerilla fighting. Then yes, i would like to think there are more, and we will stick together.

I am starting a new heavy exercise regime, I already have a decent knowlege of Explosives(in worst possible scenario) and have been studying Survival for the past few years.(as well as practicing it), I have some martial arts training, and am keen at boxing.

I like to think that, if the S**t hits the fan, i have a chance.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
There is no where to hide so why go anywhere. I am going to get reacquainted with the people in my past that are level headed resourceful and can be counted on. Working in unity with friends and neighbors that can share knowledge experience tools and resources is what is going to be the way to get through the coming times. Skill in the garden, kitchen and with tools is the best thing to put to use. Avoiding confrontation at all cost is the best way to survive. If the military comes into play, let it be for the benefit of those that show that they are worthy of survival. Not for the power mongers and thieving money changers that have purposely created these coming difficult times. Save any violence for when all hope is totally lost, then do what you can when it is to your advantage, get out and live to do likewise again as necessary. Don't worry. Be happy.

Kind of sounds like you are in a way doubting my knowledge of of that sort. No place to hide? I live in Missouri/Kansas I have a cabin that I would love for people to try to find in a very small town of population 100. It's well hidden and if you DO stock things now that would be a smart thing to do, who says its all going to be destroyed? You don't know that for sure so maybe it's best to be safe then sorry? I'm not saying grab an AK-47 and run outside tomorrow and shoot everything up, that would be horrible. I'm saying I have a place to meet and have "Things" in a "cabin" that is there and going nowhere. So I'm just asking people like "Monkey bus" pointed out "If # hits the fan" Yes, I'm talking you surviving for your life. And you say thats why we have fire fighters and police? If it's martial law and the police is under the power of who? Who is your real enemy? I would be staying away from the police and away from the cities that way you can learn to survive on your own in the wilderness having food,water and other "special" equipment that you need to survive.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by idontexist

Partner, I wasn't directing my slant on things toward anyone,and I didn't mention police or firemen. I live in the woods and in recent years have been a bit of a hermit. I also have been a part of a guerilla force in a practice operation against a Marine Corp division size beach assault at Camp Pendleton in 1968. We won. Did the combat thing with the 9th. Marines in 68-69 and so I do know a thing or two about survival. I know that in order to sustain any kind of resistance you have to eat, drink and stay healthy. And to do that you need support from other people and the longer you can stay alive the the greater chance you have to interact with others that can share knowledge and skills. I have in recent days come to realize that the people in the military nowadays for the most part are not a majority of brainwashed teenagers like I was prior to my combat service. I think that if military enforced martial law is to be imposed, the military may take up with the citizens if they warrant their support. The one thing that is going to be a problem are those that think that they can weather this alone. They will be the ones that prey on the possessions of others and be a reason for law enforcement or military activity in areas where this kind of activity occurs. These kind of people come from all walks of life and that is why I am out and interacting more now. I have a strong feeling that some of my older friends are going to need me and I will need them as well. We are all to old to do much manual labor but a few of us can together work toward staying alive. There are lots of wild hogs and deer on my place, the soil sucks but I know what grows in it. I really am to old and rational to think about killing people, trust me it really sucks and brings about negative karma. I don't think that it would be a bad thing to practice escape and evade tactics though, it is fun, like hide and seek. Don't sweat the small $h#t.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
DO NOT ANSWER

QUESTIONS LIKE THIS!

Big brother has ears, you know. Give plenty of advice, tell people HOW to prepare, but DO NOT give out free information that they wouldn't otherwise have.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
DO NOT ANSWER

QUESTIONS LIKE THIS!

Big brother has ears, you know. Give plenty of advice, tell people HOW to prepare, but DO NOT give out free information that they wouldn't otherwise have.

Sorry to break it to you pal, but being subscribed to ATS is pretty much like Wearing a Sign saying "I know about the NWO arrest me, I will resist".

^^^I'm proud of it too

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NeverSurrender

You said you need, a gun? If you think you really needone then you can always make one, It would be easier to make a shotgun weapon. You can also make your own shells with a press and some diy blackpowder.

There are hundred of instructions online for things like this

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I had considered the post above before, but seriously, the only thing a DIY gun is gonna stop is a attack dog.

They just aren't good enough.

I DO know how to use a KNIFE however.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by NeverSurrender

Lots of people say that, really it helps to have training in using a knife for the most effetive kill. not just holding it upsidedown and making a few jabbing motions, like most people try to do.

Its also the simpleist things that make the best weapons, Like a lenght of rope, can be better than a knife when sneaking up on someone. Its hard to scream when being strangled. and harder to defend against when taken by suprise.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Stab in the kidney guarantees instant shock/coma.

Slit throat to guarantee instant kill.

I hate talking about killing people, but again, I will defend myself if I have a reason.

Most of the people I'll be up against (God forbid) will know how to get out of strangleholds, it's really quite easy actually. You just gotta put them down fast. Plus I doubt they will travel solo.

To OP: Thank you for writing this topic, I have gotten my (and I quote) "Terrorist Preparation Kit" Ready due to this thread reminding me that I haven't

I'm hoping I'll have at least until I'm 21 before this # happens so I can get a gun XD

[edit on 24-9-2008 by NeverSurrender]

[edit on 24-9-2008 by NeverSurrender]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I'm not REALLY ready. And I guess I won't be.

BUT...

I have faith. Faith in the People.

Remember 1974:

O Povo é quem mais ordena, as we say here. The People is who most rules, in direct translation.

O POVO É QUEM MAIS ORDENA

[edit on 24-9-2008 by Toorop]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeverSurrender

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
DO NOT ANSWER

QUESTIONS LIKE THIS!

Sorry to break it to you pal, but being subscribed to ATS is pretty much like Wearing a Sign saying "I know about the NWO arrest me, I will resist".

^^^I'm proud of it too

top topics

join