It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slacker Uprising - Michael Moore's Film

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Michael Moore's new film about encouraging 18-29 year olds to vote in America has released today. He is giving it away to people in the United States and in Canada. Its available in MPEG4 and in DiVX and will be made available on itunes shortly. Its completely legit. It can also be downloaded via the torrents they provided.

Enjoy

Link to the website: slackeruprising.com...
Link to the online viewing and download: slackeruprising.com...

[edit on 23-9-2008 by Kluge]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Thanks for the link, have to check it out.

Sadly it would be the first film by this guy I have looked at, but ah well... People that can ask the not so PC questions deserve a listen...

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Michael Moore gets a bad rap but he does ask the right questions, and if you can get over the stretched facts and his self-indulgence in his own work you can see that he raises some good points.

I saw Bowling for Columbine and it caused me to form a really negative opinion of Moore, as I was constantly disagreeing with him throughout the entire picture. Because of that I didn't see Fahrenheit 911. When Sicko came out I decided to disregard my opinions of Moore and view the film with a clean slate. Needless to say, I was surprised at how intelligent it was. I look forward to this one.

Thanks for pointing it out, star + flag.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I really cannot wait to see this, I am not in the US or Canada so I cannot get the free download however the trailer on the site posted in the OP is enough to warrant the purchase of this one

I have found most of his documentary's interesting and a must see for anyone interested in the topics he puts out there the way he does.

I myself don't agree with all he says and does but what he does usually does raise awareness and questions about things people need to think about more.
And that I can respect.

Good lookin out on the link Kluge

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
wow! Fellow board members that understand you can filter the media on your own. I will have to watch this pretty soon as I like pretty much every thing he's done except corner Charlton Heston with the anti gun thing. As long as Moore is making progress that is fine with me.
no one bats 1.000.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

I saw Bowling for Columbine and it caused me to form a really negative opinion of Moore, as I was constantly disagreeing with him throughout the entire picture. Because of that I didn't see Fahrenheit 911.

You know, I too had a very bad view towards Moore. That was simply from the media view I saw of him. It was unfounded. At first, I was pissed when I saw Bowling for Columbine. Then however, I watched it again with a serious attempt at trying to remove my prejudices.

Now, I'm not for taking away our guns. However, I do believe he made some very valid arguments in that movie as well.

Which in turn led to my change of heart after watching Fahrenheit without my preconceived prejudices. It truly does change the way you view a movie/documentary. If you are always in the mode of 'denial' or 'disagreement' you will most likely miss the whole point of the film.

My distaste for him almost cost me a passing grade on one of my finals for my MBA. We were required to watch 'The Corporation'. I had heard Michael Moore in affiliation with it and was adament about not watching 'that piece of crap show'. Then I found out that he was simply in it and not the director. Okay, a bit pathetic on my part but it should go very far to show you how brainwashed I was by the GOP mentality that is prevailent in this society. It's TOO EXTREME.

By the way, that documentary is another great one. I would seriously recommmend it. After watching it I was VERY shocked that an MBA program would tout it (because of the message in it about the corporation being a fraud put upon us by businessmen that have discovered loopholes in the laws). Most MBA programs in this country have now swung so far towards supporting the 'powers that be' mentality that I am proud that have graduated from the place I did. They took a chance and I think it will pay off in the end. Teaching MBAs to question authority instead of simply follow it is a brave move in today's school system.

new topics

top topics

join