It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telsa Technology, the Aether and the Occult

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I have been reading much about Tesla and his methods, inventions, etc.. A truly remarkable pioneer and visionary. He should certain get the credit for providing AC power to the people.

As I stumbled thru my research, I found that some of the technology was somehow linked to the occult. More specifically, wireless technology is for some reason considered to be like voodoo, an occult source. From what I have read, it has *something* to do with using the "aether" for communications. I wonder what the rationale behind this was, and if this myth can be dispelled.

When I dug a little deeper, the idea that "Aether" even exist is debatable and some even say it was disproven by Einstein. Did Tesla know more than Einstein about such things? Could "Aether" actually be black matter? What are your thoughts?

I wonder if this is the reason the Amish do not use A/C power, and I wonder if this is why the Hopi sit around the campfire? Some people believe that man-made light is blasphemy.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by mapsurfer_]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Does anyone even have an opinion?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Well, supposedly the Aether was disproven by the Morrelson experiment. However, in regards to einstein, here is what I found:

Einstein said that general relativity's gravitational field parameters could be said to have all the usual properties of an aether except one: it was not composed of particulate bodies that could be tracked over time, and so it could not be said to have the property of motion. [3] The general attitude to this amongst physicists today seems to be that Einstein's comments don't count because they stretch the idea of aether theory too far: it is argued that a "non-particulate" aether theory is not really an aether theory, or at least, it doesn't correspond to the idea of "historical" aether theory that is currently taught.[citation needed]
Aether

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Thanks for the link and does appear their is some bullcrap there.. I am trying to find out who actually claimed that Aether was disproven. Perhaps Wiki has it wrong.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

The Michelson–Morley experiment, one of the most important and famous experiments in the history of physics, was performed in 1887 by Albert Michelson and Edward Morley at what is now Case Western Reserve University. It is generally considered to be the first strong evidence against the theory of a luminiferous aether

I am not aware of Einstein disproving aether, but I do remember that he once stated something to the effect of "not believing in the aether was the greatest mistake I made". I don't know why he said it, though.

As for Tesla himself, even if every single occult/conspiracy theory about him is dead wrong, his mainstream scientific contributions alone make him one of the greatest scientists/engineers there has ever been. Not only that, but he was a really interesting character, too.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Here is a link to a pretty good article, perhaps this has been posted before, but it is pretty good read about the conspiracy.

top topics

join