It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon landing conspiricy...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Ok, it's my first topic on this website, been reading it for months like. Just wanting to know people's thoughts and opinions on this (apologise for any spelling mistakes)

Had a chat with my old man, and mentioned how people thought that the moon landing was fake with the queries about light on the photo's amongst other things.

My dad then said he'd blow that theory out of the water...

He said that if the moon landing was a fake, why didn't the Soviet Union come out and say this? Seen as though the Apollo 11 crew transmitted a signal from the moon back to earth and it could be recieved by the whole world and traced.

Whether the pictures from the moon landing are real or fake is another question entirely, but if the transmision emitted from the moon, was it a pre-recorded message from a sattellite sent there? or did America actually go to the moon.

Cheers!
Adi_B

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Don't confuse me with any kind of 'expert' on the matter, but I suspect your father is correct.

It seems highly unrealistic to think that the Soviets would have refrained from embarrassing and exposing the NASA and the US government had they tried to hoax that landing.

This however does not eliminate the very real possibility that NASA and its Department of Defense masters did everything in their power to ensure the people were only told as much as they felt was absolutely necessary.

There is usually more to our space missions than meets the eye. This is because it's all classified in the interests of 'national security'.

Expect that to be a constant in all NASA endeavors.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I'm a firm believer in manned missions to the moon (was that alliteration or what?..lol) and I don't buy all the hoax nonsense, but I thought it was interesting how the topic in general has permeated our culture. I was reminded of this while watching Eureka reruns on SciFi last week or so. They were talking about the moon rocks and how they were all kept at this top secret facility. When the sheriff states that he saw them in 1970 whatever the lead scientist says something to the effect of "as if we'd let civilians anywhere near REAL moon rocks". Hilarious! But, now, reading this thread brought up an interesting point. Some of the pictures from NASA could be fake, like a Science Fiction publicity still or something. Not saying that it happened just that it's possible. Even though Mythbusters recreated the circumstances to prove that the pictures COULD have been taken on the moon doesn't mean that they were, I mean in order to prove it they recreated the pictures in a "lab." So I guess you could go both ways.

Sorry for not using paragraphs like a good writer, I just get caught up in the moment and would hate to lose my train of thought, it just so happens to be a MagLev and if I hesitate for a second, WHOOSH, there it goes by!...lol

--Apex

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I watched a tv program on one of the discovery channels and they had an 'expert' who fairly and reasonably answered every single conspirators query. Im reasonably conviced that they did go to the moon.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Of course we went to the moon. It's what they found when they got there that has caused concern and lead to a cover up. In my mind there is no doubt that some of those Apollo photographs are fake. The lighting, the way the subject is framed, all achieved on a camera that was attached the astronauts chest and had no viewfinder.
I don't know how true it is but I once read that the moon hoax stories were first started by NASA themselves! What better way to cover one conspiracy up than by creating another. . .

new topics

top topics

join