It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JFK airport terminal evacuated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   

JFK airport terminal evacuated

uk.news.yahoo.com

A terminal at New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport has been evacuated after a suspicious device was found.
Passengers were asked to leave the JetBlue terminal and all flights from the terminal were delayed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
itn.co.uk
www.reuters.com

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I guess things are getting a little tence again. Though I guess that the fact that the United Nations General Assembly are meeting in New York this week. Wonder if there will be any bangs.

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
From your reuters link:

The terminal was reopened at about 8:15 a.m. after the suspicious device was found to be a couple of World War Two replica grenade paperweights

Just some paperweights, though it is amazing that someone would think that they would not cause a scene when viewed by the scanner....

common sense people, common sense

[edit on 9/22/2008 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Would make an ideal opportunity to install some other device or shenanigan while the place was deserted? A similar evac happened at Brisbane airport today also iirc.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Agreed that they knew what they were trying to do, Also could be some way trying to see what could be gotten through the gates.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarTraveller

Agreed that they knew what they were trying to do, Also could be some way trying to see what could be gotten through the gates.

You may be right. As you said, the person who put the paperweights in the luggage had to know it would cause a problem so it would seem that someone was probing security. Happens quite frequently as I understand it.

top topics

join