It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd banking experiences and issues.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I know one of the other threads around here someone started talking about the fact that their local supermarkets had lower cashback limits now, and it was mentioned that we should start keeping track of that sort of thing, ATM changes, odd experiences, etc, but I think it's lost within the other thread.

I bring this up because I work in a restaurant. I run probably 15+ credit cards a day, 5-6 days a week. I've worked for the same chain for well over two years now, and up until today, I thought I'd seen every sort of credit card error message.

Today, I had a regular guest give me a Bank of America card, from her business account. Card had been activated, she had money in the account, etc, but the error message we got was "Unable to authorize, please call credit card provider". This is not the message you get when the system times out, or when there's no money in the account, and not the one you get when the card is expired or not activated. We then try a second card, same bank, same person, different account. Same error message. My boss calls the bank, has no joy. She calls her bank, they check her accounts, which have money, and no red flags or other random holds. Yet, no matter how many times we try, we get the same, extremely unusual error message. (figure that I've run somewhere in the conservative estimate of 2500 credit cards in the time I've been working for this company, and had NEVER seen this message before. I've also run cards identical to hers many many times)

So, anyone else having weird things like this happen? Odd errors, changes in bank policy with regards to the amount of your own money you can access at any given time?

This all happened in Northern Cali.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I put money in bank thursday thru atm and it still has not posted to my account. Always before it was in there within a couple hours. Very nervous right now. I am gonna pull it out this morning before stock market starts at 9:30.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
WELCOME TO THE AUTUMN/FALL EQUINOX SEPTEMBER 22

Funny how the stocks crash around last week and maybe this week....

They have a sense of humor though...FALL time of year.

Fall from the top, falling economy, fall..ok i'll stop.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Have experienced bank transactions taking a few days longer to process (much to my flatmates chagrin :mad

top topics

join