It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It could get much worse

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Aug. 25, 1924 USA Banker's Magazine
just because some random banker owned a magazine that held within it's pages that particular quote doesn't mean we should all panic

naa, any chance of a link? if it's printed anywhere that blatantly i'll eat my keyboard.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian
What if everyone in the country staged a protest and filed, but also filed a request for an extension. It would overwhelm the system.

We could in theory bring the whole system to it's knees for an indefinate period of time.

Why would you want to "bring the whole system to it's knees"?

You think that would make your life better in some way?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

Aug. 25, 1924 USA Banker's Magazine
just because some random banker owned a magazine that held within it's pages that particular quote doesn't mean we should all panic

naa, any chance of a link? if it's printed anywhere that blatantly i'll eat my keyboard.

I tried really hard to find a direct newspaper archive of the exact quote, but I couldn't. I'm not very good at that. Possibly because I don't have paid subscriptions to archives.

That quote is strewn around the internet.

Even so, the quote wasn't my point, it was what I typed above it.
I just felt the quote portrayed what I was getting at pretty well. As to it's truth or not, is besides the point because both the quotes author and my opinions are merely opinion not fact.

The condensed point is, i don't think anything will be 'NWOish' until everything has been taken away first. Which would take some time.

Edit: You would be sometimes surprised what people could say back then about certain topics without being destroyed. It's not like that now.
In the 1800s, the people and government actually had the power to remove 2 attempts at setting up centralized banking systems.

So if the quote were true it wouldn't surprise me at all.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by T0by]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The main reason that AIG was saved is that most of the senate/congress/committees/politicians from coast to coast have their policies with them as well as countless international and domestic clients.

The powers that be all had good personal reason to endorse the action.

Its probably time to call back our war spending in Iraq and demand payment for their "liberation". Maybe the increased opium production in Afghanistan as well the record coke production in columbia could go direct to the debt instead of the black ops for the duration of the correction.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Ok, so I have been following this thread (and other threads related to the economic crisis), and here is my question: Why hasn't the American public been briefed on what could happen if this bail out doesn't happen? Why haven't we been told the "worst case scenario" like Bernanke and Paulson told the Congress? They all refuse to tell us what was said behind closed doors, and that is just not right. In my opinion, we have a right to know. None of the members of Congress are willing to repeat what they were told that day about what would happen if a massive bailout didn't take place. Why? Is it a matter of national security? Do we risk getting attacked if our enemies found out about our financial situation? It's not as if it's a secret or anything.

It amazes me that a country that has a multitude of "24 hour news channels" that will ponder the worst case scenario of every hurricane that comes close to our shores... that will discuss wardrobe malfunctions for weeks on end.... that will follow a car chase for hours on the highway to see what happens..... has not spent 1 minute investigating what the worst-case scenario would play out like if our economic system failed.

Doesn't this strike anyone else as strange?? That NO news network is talking about the worst case scenario, or warning us of what COULD happen if this bailout doesn't happen or doesn't work? All they say is that we risk going into a depression like the 1930's...but our country is much more intertwined with other countries than we were in the 1930's. So, now we're talking worldwide global economic collapse. Fine. But what I want to know is this: what would that look like? How fast would it happen? What is the best course of action? Would the government cease to exist? Would we all simply rely on ourselves and our neighbors? Would gas pumps dry up? Does food stop being shipped to grocery stores? What exactly does an entire economic collapse look like?

I have done search after search on the internet, and have not found anything that tells us what would happen if this bailout doesn't happen. Anyone out there know?? Because I don't know about you, but I'm seriously thinking it's time to find a nice commune and learn how to farm the land and can vegetables. I've never been particularly domestic before, but hey...a woman can change. Because if this bailout doesn't work, I have a feeling it's goodbye America as we know it.

Thanks.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join