It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black police 'are spied on' claim

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Hi Everyone,

Found this about a potential conspiracy within the Met's Black Police Association, thought you might all find it rather interesting:

Senior members of the Met's Black Police Association (BPA) say they are concerned they are being spied on by fellow officers, the BBC has learnt.

Link: news.bbc.co.uk...

Firstly, I do not understand why we have a Black Police Association, there isn't a White Police Association.

Secondly, by having a Black Police Association, doesn't that give people the ability to discriminate as they are part of something that somone else may not?

Lastly, maybe if they the officers and people in question put as much effort into their daily jobs rather than practising their own personal counter surveillance drills the levels of crime might start to fall?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

there isn't a White Police Association

there is one simple reason for that, and its most likely due to white police men or women never getting abused or bullied at work for the color of their skin.

If the people at the top never let this happen in the first place, this would never been needed and crime would be a hell of a lot lower..

its all caused by racisim, not because black policemen have their own club!
(white policemen have their own club, its called the bnp! ..)

(cant believe i went their with that pun!, i will say now ive never met a racist cop, but i dont know much cops other than ones that have took my name)

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet

there isn't a White Police Association

there is one simple reason for that, and its most likely due to white police men or women never getting abused or bullied at work for the color of their skin.

If the people at the top never let this happen in the first place, this would never been needed and crime would be a hell of a lot lower..

its all caused by racisim, not because black policemen have their own club!
(white policemen have their own club, its called the bnp! ..)

(cant believe i went their with that pun!, i will say now ive never met a racist cop, but i dont know much cops other than ones that have took my name)

I would tend to disagree with your there to be honest, I'm sure that if the majority of police officers in this country were coloured and whites were in the minority then they would be the ones getting abused/bullied.

What I'm trying to say is, by making them belong to a Black Police Association doesn't that make them greater targets for discrimination as the white officers could potentially feel that the Black officers are getting something which they are not?

Maybe white people don't get targetted because of their skin colour by black people because the black people are aware how offensive racism actually is?

The population of the UK is predominately composed of white people ( www.statistics.gov.uk...) thus white is accepted as the norm and anyone a different colour has the potential to be targetted because of just that - theyre not the same in one way or another as the majority.

Lastly, I would like to point out that racism against white people by coloured people does happen maybe not as much as vice versa, but it does occur.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

you do have some valid points. Really it all comes down to the racisim argument, and how rasicim has became a political and social weapon.

(hear me out)

Rasisim to me is just silly, the concept of it is so immature, its the behaviour of children to laugh at someone for being different. People are all the same but kids dont learn that till later on (well, most of them learn it).

nowadays rasicim has been blown soo out of proportion its crazy. With this im not saying that any racisim is acceptable, noone should ever be bullied or abused just for being different as thats just not right, But people really should have a thicker skin these days to immature name calling.

Racisim and politicly correctness has got so out of control in the uk, kids are suspended for openly supporting religions, people get over looked for jobs as in someones mind their are not enough ethnic people, or disabled people in the workforce, its got soo bad that even i have played the race card !

i had an old crank of a neighbour who caused alot of trouble, i couldnt do anythgin else as i would get arrested, so i reported him for racial abuse as he was calling me a "jock bastard", even crazier was that the police actualy took this and logged it, and he got a record for it.. i even recieved follow up calls to make sure i was ok... Basicly i got an english person into trouble for hating me for being scottish.
(i will say, i woudl never ever have done this in any other circumstance, personaly i wanted to give him a black eye, but he was about 60 and teh eggs i threw at him missed! this also became a household running joke of anti scottish abuse to me, but it was actualy funny!)

im starting to rant now, my point is the way rasisim and politicly correctness is handled in the uk now is a complete farce, its fair to be expected not to persacute people for being different, but their are limits to this.. (ah, back to the point) amd its due to this no limit racisim control that people have to form small groups which might make the small minded people think even worse about the minority .

[edit on 21-9-2008 by boaby_phet]

top topics

join