It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anatomy of a Frame-up: The Shocking Case of Troy Davis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Anatomy of a Frame-up: The Shocking Case of Troy Davis

www.alternet.org

AUGUST 18, 2008, marked a horrible milestone for Troy Davis. Nineteen years before, Savannah, Georgia, police officer Mark Allen McPhail was shot and killed -- a crime for which Troy would be accused, convicted and sent to death row.

McPhail was shot and killed in the early morning hours in a Burger King parking lot. In short order, twenty-five fellow officers were assigned to the case and began to scour the neighborhood for the perpetrator. The media sensationalized the case of a 27-year-old white father of two shot in the line of duty. One officer told a reporter, "There is a desire among the police to have the suspect locked away before McPhail is buried."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.troyanthonydavis.org
www.ajc.com
www.amnestyusa.org
www.talkleft.com

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
This is where I start to have a problem with the death penalty. If there is even the slightest possibility that he is innocent he should not be on death row. It's a fact we have executed innocent people in the past. Don't get me wrong I believe in capitol punishment but I don't believe in our current policy towards it.

www.alternet.org

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jwstarry

This is where I start to have a problem with the death penalty. If there is even the slightest possibility that he is innocent he should not be on death row. It's a fact we have executed innocent people in the past. Don't get me wrong I believe in capitol punishment but I don't believe in our current policy towards it.

www.alternet.org

A star for you! This has always been my issue with the death penalty. I really wish they would give a jury some training before letting them decide the fate of another. This man should never of been convicted, but he was & in all likelyhood, it was based soley on feelings and not fact. This happens far to many times & something needs to change soon.

Locally, we had two innocent people released from prison after a detective refused to give up on proving the truth. The detective was suspended for doing his job & now he's running for office. First time I will vote for a man without needing to hear too much from him. He's a decent man who fights for what is right. Not much else I need to know about him.

join