It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ranting Last Will and Testament

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I came across this article of a murdered couple's ranting last will and testament. Although it is likely to be contested , their final draft of the will slams their relatives pretty hard. I felt that this was the ultimate rant and should go in this forum even though it could be breaking news as well. It just wasn't as newsworthy as most topics in that forum. Good idea here if you want to have the last word for your lazy jealous relatives.

Slain Couples Weird Will

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
That is too funny. And gave me an idea:

To my 1 brother, 2 sister in laws, 1 brother in law, 3 nephews and 1 neice that owe me money for those loans, I leave you the $ amount that you need to pay me, uh, my estate back. Now pay up!

(insensitive and fed up)Rush

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
That is a weird will but non-binding, legally. The relatives who contest it should be able to win. Judges have been known to uphold unsigned wills or even "letters of intent" when there is no will, citing the "spirit of the law". I don't know if those cases were overturned on appeal or even if one CAN appeal those types of decisions. Sounds like that couple had some serious issues with family that should have been addressed before they died. Kinda petty to put that sort of insulting and airing of dirty laundry in a last will and testament.

I've solved the issue of will by just giving my kids everything now while I'm still alive. Technically, I own nothing. Avoids inheritance tax and bickering later.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Man I wanna be that bitter when I reach the end!

Dang now thats bitter!

they couldnt have been more hatefull if they willed;

you,
you,
you, your cool,
you,
you,
you, and especially
YOU!

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

If they do contest this will, it will cost them more than what was in them (If there was more than a million dollars, then it would be contested). Wills automatically go into probate, it is best to have a living revocable trust.
I always say to my mother, it is your money and you can do what you wish with it. I do not expect a dime of it, and there is nothing stating I am required to receive any. Spend it and enjoy it for yourself. Don't worry about us kids as we can take care of ourselves.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

In contested wills the only real beneficiaries are the lawyers. Probate can last until the contestants are dead. Literally. These disinfranchised relatives could always pull a "mommy dearest" on the bitter couple, thereby getting in the last word.

And kudos to you in relieving your mother of her worries. I expect, though, as a mother, she will still worry for the future and financial well-being of her children. I give to my children while we're all still alive, not just money but time and effort, to help them make their own way in these difficult times.

I just don't understand why anyone would want to continue arguing with their relatives after they're dead. It was a pointless rant on their part as the will was not signed, therefore not legally binding. The state will wind up with the majority of their estate and the lawyers will get the rest.

top topics

join