It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Object on One of My Pictures?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Just had some of my pics developed recently(got them put on disc) and I just noticed something odd on one of my pics of some lakes on Blanca Peak in Colorado.
If you look in the top left corner you will see some kind of long thing sticking out. There shouldn't be anything there. Note: there are not any trees where the pic was taken.(about 13,500 feet)

I'm not an expert on photography, but maybe someone here knows what it is or what caused it?
I've enclosed one image of the whole picture and one of just the area with the weird object.

Note: None of the other pictures in the set had this object.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Could it be a hair or something of that size in front of the lens?

[Edited on 21-3-2004 by parrhesia]

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
What color is your hair and how long is it? Was there anyone standing next to you when you took that picture?

DC

[Edited on 21-3-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I used to work in a photo lab years ago. It looks like the mantle on the processor was dirty or something on the camera lense.

Anyway, the spotter should have seen that and reprinted the pic. If you go back to where you had the photo done, show it to them and you should be able to get them to re-do it.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Uhhhh. Sorry DClark, but it appears obvious (and, of course, I could be wrong) that it is just a piece of hair. I've taken pics and had hair show up just like that before.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I thought about that, but I always make sure I always clean the lense. Maybe something landed on it after I did that.

Wouldn't some of the other pics have the object? I took several at that time.

Oh well, I'm sure it's something explainable. I was just wondering.

If it's a hair, it's a pretty small piece of hair. The lense is just a little over a 1/2 inch.

I'm starting to think it had something to do with the person processing the film.

[Edited on 2004-3-21 by DClark]

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The object is in focus. That suggests to me that it's not sitting directly on the lens, but further away. There could have been some debris floating around the machinery when it was processed, though.

jra

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
So these were scanned? could have been on the scanner glass too. Perhaps the people who scanned them didn't clean the glass well enough. Every now and then i get bits of dust and the like in my photos.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra
So these were scanned? could have been on the scanner glass too. Perhaps the people who scanned them didn't clean the glass well enough. Every now and then i get bits of dust and the like in my photos.

No, they weren't scanned. I got the Kodak picture cd along with 4" prints.
You're probably correct about the object appearing because of something that happened in the processing stage though.

I just thought it was sort of strange that it only appeared on the one picture.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I could be a hair if you have medium length hair. I noticed my hair gets in a lot of my pictures so i have to hold my hair back everytime. Nice picture by the way.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
wow.............congratulations. i think that u just found a piece of fiber from some1's clothes

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I'll try to make this thread a little more website related.
Here's a pic that shows the San Luis Lakes. Remember the stories about the alien base underneath Blanca Peak? I believe the story was started by David Greer.
Well, there is some history about the lakes.

www.cyberwest.com...
tmv.us...

"Several Southwestern Indian tribes consider the San Luis Valley, most specifically the San Luis Lakes area, to be the location of the Sipapu or place of emergence. The Indians believe that they were led underground to safety at this location just before a cleansing period of earth changes. The Navajo version mentions our current time period as being the end of the fifth world. According to their tradition, they were warned of the upcoming cataclysms by sky katchinas (fireballs?) signaling them the time to travel to the Sipapu was at hand. Once underground, it is said, they were cared for by ant people for several generations until it was safe to re-emerge and re-populate the new world."

The lakes are kinda hard to see with the pic resized.
The UFO Watchtower is also nearby. Hooper, Colorado.

The pic is looking west.

jra

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Well in order for them to get put onto a picture CD they still need to be scanned i would assume, so maybe your film developer didn't clean there scanner to well.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   
If you scanned it in, was the scanner clean?

new topics

top topics

join