It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RON PAUL, Uniting The Third Party Movement.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Ron Paul, changing the world whether you like it or not.

Ron Paul on CNN 9-17-08

What are people gonna think of this?

Anyone able to find the rest of it so we can listen to the third party condidates?

Was this really on CNN? Since when do they give time to this sort of thing?

Let's all vote third party, make our votes count. All I wanna know is....Who's comin with me?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

Although I'm not totally sold on Ron Paul, he certainly brings up important points.

The funny thing is people really don't care! As long as their immediate quality of life doesn't noticably drop sharply in a short amount of time, this trend will continue.

Anyone with a brain the size of a dinosaur must be aware of the dangerous path this nation is taking. A two-party system, where really only Ohio, Iowa & Wisconsin count at the polls! People are so locked into their hatred for "libs or conservatives," they really have forgotten about the issues. It's really pathetic to see.

That's exactly what "the man" wants. America turned into a country where only a few states are needed to take the election, and those few will most likely face fierce psychological bombardment with misleading statements from both sides. Is that what freedom really is?

As to your question, I'm assuming CNN really did show this. Although... as Paul pointed out, you won't see him or any 3rd party candidate at the presidential debate.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Ron Paul knows exactly what to say to fire up disillusioned Americans. He is just another self serving politician. right-wingnuts, liberal-loons and ron paul nuts are stuck in an emotional, irrational state of mind.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by hannamtong

Interesting post....

makes me wonder though if you trust anyone?? I see nothing wrong with reminding people of the reality they live..

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

"Ron Paul knows exactly what to say to fire up disillusioned Americans. "

Why do they have to be labeled disillusioned? These are four issues that a significant amount of Americans(if not a majority) want brought to the table in a serious discussion. They aren't necessarily counting on being elected if that's what you're thinking....

"He is just another self serving politician."

It really just sounds like you are trying to provoke an argument here, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now. Do a little research, I think you will find that Ron Paul has done a better job than most congressmen of fulfilling their oath to the constitution rather than serving himself.

"right-wingnuts, liberal-loons and ron paul nuts are stuck in an emotional, irrational state of mind."

Either you're jaded and possibly nihilistic, or you are just referring to the fringe of these three camps, in which case yes, I'd agree with you. The nuts and loons of any group probably are stuck in an emotional, irrational state of mind. But this thread isn't about that, which begs the question.....what's yer point?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

right-wingnuts, liberal-loons and ron paul nuts are stuck in an emotional, irrational state of mind.

Wingnuts???? Like this:

Wonder what a ron paul nut looks like!

Anyway, back on topic. Starred and Flagged!

I'm either going to vote third party or write in Ron Paul. I remember seeing the Independent Convention with Lou Dobbs on CNN, or something like that.

I can tell you now that there are mixed emotions with his pseudo endorsement. Many people are very excited to see Ron Paul finally supporting other candidates. On the other hand, there are those who are sad to see that Paul won't be running as an Independent.

Question for the OP, How big of an impact do you think these independent candidates can have on the upcoming election?

-Dev

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by hannamtong
Ron Paul knows exactly what to say to fire up disillusioned Americans.

And apparently, you know exactly what to say to fire up ATS users.

He is just another self serving politician. right-wingnuts, liberal-loons and ron paul nuts are stuck in an emotional, irrational state of mind.

If that is the case, who do you plan on voting for? Or do you hate everybody?

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd
Wonder what a ron paul nut looks like!

Like THIS

[edit on 9/18/2008 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Question for the OP, How big of an impact do you think these independent candidates can have on the upcoming election?

I think they can have a significant impact if they can get attention from the media, and I think it all starts right here in this thread and others like it. It starts with regular Joe's who wanna see the system changed. Question for you is, are you gonna make your vote count and support a third party?
Who's comin' with me.....

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I'm already planning to vote 3rd party, even though I'm a Republican. I'm too conservative of a Republican and I'm against the war so there's no way I can vote for McCain. Chuck Baldwin has my vote. I'm tired of seeing our constitution being trampled on by both parties.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I bet there's a lot of Republicans like you who would like to see these positions taken by McCain, but the positions they've agreed on have little to do with partisan politics. I believe Ron Paul is saying that these four positions are those of the majority of the people period, regardless of their party. I just wish more voters were like Ron Paul Girl, willing to think for themselves, and make a statement by casting a vote for one of the people's parties.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Things that people are going to have to live with, when you vote for either of these candidates:

If you vote for Obama, based on his OWN rhetoric then you are implicitly saying that you want or don't mind:

1) A possible war with Iran, and broadening of the so-called "War on Terror" to include possibly Pakistan in the near future.

2) Further government growth particularly of the Welfare State, as well as more corporate welfare especially for Bio-fuel Industries or Medical industries, in the form of subsidies and or tax benefits.

3) Possible future tax increases in order to fund said Welfare, Warfare State. (Unfortunately taxing the rich till they are penniless will not cover all the costs, we have incurred; therefore realistically across the board tax increases may have to happen. (Since I don't see him making any drastic cuts in government spending)

Now....

If you vote for Mcain, based on his OWN rhetoric then you are implicitly saying that you want or don't mind:

1) A possible war with Iran, and broadening of the so-called "War on Terror" to include possibly Pakistan in the near future. Add to this a possible rehashing of the cold war with Russia.

2) Further government growth particularly of the Warefare State; in terms of the Military Industrial Complex, and more corporate welfare particularly for Oil Industries and the Banking Industry, in the form of subsidies and or tax benefits.

3) Possible future tax increases in order to fund said Welfare, Warfare State. (Unfortunately taxing the poor and middle classes and some of the rich till they are penniless will still not cover all the costs, we have incurred; therefore realistically across the board tax increases may have to happen. (Since I don't see him making any drastic cuts in government spending, either)

Think about it...not a nickel's worth of difference here folks...

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I've been raised a hardcore Republican all my life, in the last two years I've seen the light. I am sick of both political parties voting on crap because others of the same party agree with it or present it. Its almost like they lost their own views and run with the crowds.

Republicans were supposed to be less government, I have not seen that, as a matter of fact in the last eight years I've seen this government become more powerful and more involved of our lives and freedoms.

I am now a Libertarian, and I vote for less government power, more at the local levels. I see the corruption in Washington and know that even our local governments are being bought off.

And Ron Paul is bringing views public that more people should consider. The Federal Reserve is an insult to Americans, like now how they offered unlimited money to banks. Unlimited? Our currency is already destroyed, and they continue until they can impose their new currency on us.

If this country sticks by Republican or Democratic views and just 'goes with the flow', then that will be our ultimate demise. And I can't figure out why people are stuck on one of the two. All it takes is individualism and some thoughts outside of what every one else thinks.

[edit on 15/10/08 by xstealth]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
for what it's worth.

i'm with you.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
My 18 year old son has determined that both candidates are idiots and is writing in himself. That is pretty sad when the most sincere vote you cast is for yourself. YouTube has loads of videos showing the flip-flop and lies We now have the opportunity to acquaint ourselves to the candidates as never before.

I'm writing in Ron Paul. I can't even say which candidate would be the lesser of two evils. I don't want to vote for any evil anyway.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Ron Paul knows exactly what to say to fire up disillusioned Americans. He is just another self serving politician. right-wingnuts, liberal-loons and ron paul nuts are stuck in an emotional, irrational state of mind.

Yes, it's much more rational to KEEP spending on a Warfare and Welfare STATE as well as continue to loot the Treasury to bail-out corporations that we cant' afford.

Now go back to your Doritos and Monday night Football...

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Wow guys, it's good to see at least a few people on ATS want to make their vote count and go the third party route.
I think I'll make a thread poll to see who will vote third party ATS, I hope you all chime in.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
Wow guys, it's good to see at least a few people on ATS want to make their vote count and go the third party route.
I think I'll make a thread poll to see who will vote third party ATS, I hope you all chime in.

If I don't vote 3rd party I won't vote at all.

I don't like either candidate, but I especially don't like McCain.

I won't vote for either, I'd rather vote on a candidate that will not win, just so I can claim and have the self satisfaction that I didn't contribute to the mess thats about to come.

top topics

join