It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush could still attack Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Bush could still attack Iran

www.guardian.co.uk

This week the US Congress is debating two non-binding resolutions which, if passed, will greatly increase the likelihood of military intervention against Iran. They call on the US president to "increase economic, political and diplomatic pressure on Iran to verifiably suspend its nuclear enrichment activities", and demand "stringent inspection requirements" of all goods entering or leaving Iran and an embargo of refined petroleum products to Iran. Although both resolutions exclude authorisation for military action, the embargo will require a naval blockade. Such a blockade could result in skirmishes with the Iranian navy which could rapidly escalate.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
D'oh, when will we learn tsk tsk tsk.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
And pigs could still learn to fly.

Instead of "when will we learn ...", one could just as easily ask that after what seems like hundreds of very similar threads on this subject, and with time running out on the Bush presidency, when will ATS members learn that this is really a dead issue?

Remember that it takes months to put together a major attack like it would take for iran, and there are only 3 1/2 months left in Bush's final term.

Everyone, you do the math ...

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   

It's not a dead issue, as the article points out, which apparently you didn't read, this new legislation has the possibility of unintentionally sparking a conflict. It has nothing to do with invading Iran.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

what more planning do they need?
How many navalgroups are now in the gulf.. ?
How many soldiers?
How many UAV flights and target assesments have we carried out?
As many have advised, a ground war on Iran isnt whats coming.
Its a massive scale air assault.

And the equipment and supplies are alread in place.

looks to me like theyve been planning and preparing for years!

[edit on 16-9-2008 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

OK. Carry on, then, with the inevitable threads that say something to the effect that Bush will attack iran on Sep. 25th, no Oct. 11, no Nov. 14, no Dec. 25, no Jan 19, 2009 - until there is no more Bush term to worry about.

Of course if McCain wins, it will start up again as McCain will attack iran on Feb. 5, no Mar. 10, no Apr 16, ... ad nauseum.

Maybe after hundreds of these threads, you start to see my point?

[edit on 9/16/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Its like your saying its our fault for crying out loud.

.... tell me, who sang '' bomb bomb bomb Iran ''

then you go on about how we will move onto Mccain being a threat?

Well, any idiot can see that it would be JUSTIFIED in saying that, because he sings that song, and talks about Iran being a threat that needs to be dealt with on a daily basis.

I admit it seems everyone is throwing around dates of the end and all this, and it gets crappy reading about it all the time.

But wether some people choose to completely ignore the REALITY is not our fault, because this week has seen some major develoupments with Iran.

Uranium going missing, IAEA saying they are working on weapons, Iran refusing further IAEA inspections, Israel buying up bunker busters, the US fleet being active in the straights, the revolutionary guard being placed in charge.... so i suppose you'd be forgiven for believing things are escalating.

But in the case of the blind patriots, who'd rather appease facism than stand for proper ethics and values.. I suppose condeming people for speaking up is common practice.

Lets just ignore whats above ground, and keep sticking our heads below.
hopefully our asses wont get bitten off

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Could, would, might attack iran. Anything is possible.

But it seems like even the most die hard anti-Bush people have to admit that the odds of Bush attacking iran, or any other country get longer (less likely - for non-wagering folks) with each passing day.

[edit on 9/17/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I think an Iran attack is imminent and it makes no difference if Obama or McCain is elected. The powerful Jewish lobby want this and they will get it. Biden who is a HUGE pro Israeli crime family (Which is no different than the crime family here in the US). So yes you Democrats out there if you think a vote for Obama is a vote for no more wars you are wrong. McCain well thats a no brainer he will go in too but Im sure for a lot less of a reason that Obama. The fact is its been sold to us that Iran is some evil country when in reality they have attacked no one or invaded no one for hundreds of years.

top topics

join