It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Policy: National Security

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
2008 Presidential Candidate Platform Discussion

The most sacred responsibility vested in a president - the commander in chief - is to "preserve and protect" American citizens. John McCain has the necessary vision and unrivaled experience to command the United States armed forces and adapt our nation's defenses to the demands of a changing and dangerous world.

www.johnmccain.com...

Presented for critical discussion and analysis by ATS members under the spirit of the new guidelines announced in This Thread.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Hey...no one tackling this one, so I'll bite.

In order to make this easier to digest, I'm just going to list the major headings from John McCain's website:

"Fighting Against Violent Islamic Extremists and Terrorist Tactics
-Effective Missile Defense
-Increasing the Size of the American Military
-Modernizing the Armed Services
-Smarter Defense Spending
-Taking Care of Our Military Personnel and their Families
-Honoring our Nation's Commitments to Veterans and Military Retirees"

from John McCain

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
"Protecting" the country is at utmost importance. I believe if anything - when there is nothing else to fight for - you fight for each other.

But when he means by -protecting- he means keeping the rights of the Government hanging above one's head, then no, I cannot say he would be best placed upon the throne of President.

I like that he was in the Military, for whichever part it was. It allows me to have more confidence in his strengths, than his weaknesses.

I don't like that he's not as young as some of the other could-be candidates or that he's not up to date on some of the newest technologies. If you want to be apart of this growing world then you need to be apart of it - what would happen if his secretary was sick and he didn't know how to reply to an email sent to him from a foreign countries representative? I'm sure he'd figure it out - but frankly, I wouldn't want a keyboard in his hands.

time will only tell though

Always
Cm

new topics

join