It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Policy: Civil Rights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
2008 Presidential Candidate Platform Discussion

There is no more fundamental American right than the right to vote. Before the landmark 1965 Voting Rights Act, barriers such as literacy tests, poll taxes and property requirements disenfranchised many Americans, especially minorities. More than 40 years later, there are still numerous obstacles to ensuring that every citizen has the ability to vote.

www.barackobama.com...

Presented for critical discussion and analysis by ATS members under the spirit of the new guidelines announced in This Thread.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Essentially all that "Obama and Biden" are proposing is to impart God's will upon the opinions of American Citizens by ending "Racism". They claim they can cease "Racial Profiling" which in their minds will also include the flagging of terrorist suspects based upon their religion or ethnicity. This will undoubtedly tear apart countless investigations and expose all involved personnel to Civil Actions.

The "Obama and Biden" Ticket also believes they can challenge every last hiring and firing practice based upon the affected individual's minority status.

They also wish to expand the idea of "Hate Crimes", which is already well covered. This could lead to dangerous ground such as what we are currently witnessing in Great Britain, where any and every crime against a minority is labelled a "Hate Crime" regardless of the motivation.

It is almost downright hilarious how "Obama and Biden" claim that they will extinguish with the "Bush Administration's policies" of only filling their Civil Rights Division with like-minded individuals (those sharing similar sentiments of ideologies). As if "Obama and Biden" will not do the same? Pleaaaase. It is basic common sense that in Politics you do not hire people who fail to share similar ideologies with you yourself.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
From what I see here,only fifty percent of the people will have true accountability for their actions.These measures will push reverse discrimination into high gear.Where qualification for a position will not even be a consideration,given minority application.Pushing these measures will undoubtly stack the deck with race cards.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Some more BS from Obama's website.

It's why the issues are like pre-Season Football (USA), it just doesn't count.

Obama wants civil rights for Terrorists (or has he flip-flopped on this one too).

He wants to take your guns and invoke a "civilian police force" at his beckon command.

Sounds like bigger government and more control for him if you ask me.

Bigger government = less civil liberties. The total opposite for the premise which this country was based upon in the first place.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I would like to know Obama's stand on Voter ID cards. This would go a long way in determining whether he is in favor of eliminating election fraud.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Call me a paranoiac, but every time I hear about "enfranchising minorities," I'm sure its a code for letting illegal immigrants vote. The goal of our rulers is to make citizenship meaningless.

They want illegals to be able to get credit cars and drivers license without providing a social security number. This would actually give them MORE privacy and rights/freedom than an actual american citizen.

Then, the democrats want to give illegals the right to vote, since they assume that all minorities automatically support them. (Most rural hispanics are extreme social conservatives. . . I expect the Democrats to return to the party's original racism when they finally figure this out.)

But it's all part of the plan. Dilute the privelege of voting. Get the senate to turn over it's legislative task to Senator Palpatine. Give everyone in the Imperium the right to vote, and then don't give them anything to vote on. Etc.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
So far I am surprised that those who have posted DO see these policies for what they are.

As far as the "Obama and Biden" idea of "Ending Voter Registration Issues", yes, all of that deals with Illegal Immigrants. I have assisted at the Polls before, and a close Acquaintance of mine has been the Chief Election Officer for MANY years in my Precinct. I have never ONCE witnessed someone be denied their Right to Vote, at least when they were eligible (ie, Registered). The only people who have been turned away are those who remain un-registered. Even then, the CEO takes a lot of time out of their day assisting these individuals and making sure everything is set for their becoming a Registered Voter. However, they must wait to receive their confirmation in the mail before voting, so they are ineligible for the current election.

Last election I witnessed an individual come in without having been registered. The CEO spent a lot of time with the guy, first going through the paper then electronic records, and even calling the Central State Office to confirm whether or not he was actually registered. It was confirmed that this potential voter had in fact NOT been registered to vote, so the Chief Election Officer brought out the necessary paperwork and assisted him in properly filling it out.

The guy was irritated, because he swore he had handed his registration to the same CEO the previous election. Now I know this CEO, and you can be most certain that she handles all records properly. I myself have even accompanied her down to the County Government Center with all of the files, and there has never once been a problem. She always tells Newly Registered Voters to make certain they receive confirmation in the mail. She also tells them that if they fail to receive it within 2-3 weeks, they need to call the number on the paper, and make absolutely sure that everything went through, and that it is taken care of. The CEO cannot be responsible for clerical errors at the Central State Office.

Anyways, the guy gets all tied up in a frenzy, and starts acting like a little spoiled child. The CEO asked for the ink pen back after he finished the paperwork, as she had been previously using it, and the clown says "NO! I think I am going to keep it.", to which the CEO calmly replies "Well, if it makes you happy, go ahead". Then the guy stomps out of the polling place with a red face.

This is an example of the kind of garbage people already have to put up with at the Polling Centers (for nearly 18 Hours). Now imagine a whole horde of Illegal Immigrants coming through with no Social Security Numbers, Unreliable Addresses, and False Names.

BTW, they already run ID's when you walk into the Polling Station. They match your Official ID (ie, Driver's License, Military ID, etc.) to the Record Book, and as long as it has a Matching Address and Name, you are good to go. So where is there room for "Turning People Away" as "Obama and Biden" put it, or "Voter Fraud" as the system stands? This is not 1965 when Black Americans were being given Racist "Tests". This is a basic Identification Procedure and Registration Match-up. It is obviously done so as to PREVENT Fraud.

People keep making an issue out of a complete Non-issue.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Hey obama its not civil right, its liberty..

I love how power hungry people veil theyre need for dominance with clever word play.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Why does this forum not clearly address the hinge issue? The right to keep and bear arms which Obama clearly wants to take away. This is part of the Democratic platform he endorses, yet we hear nothing of such a powerful issue.

To admit one wants to take away the bill of rights and nullify the constitutions is the exact opposite of what a president says when sworn in. To be sworn in and then erode the foundation of the country, is traitorous at heart.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

He can "want" all he wants. Not going to happen. We will get our guns and ammo. Mexico has one long border with us, and there are plenty of countries that will supply us.
ie Chavez....With millions of new AKs.

new topics

top topics

join