It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A vote for Obama is a vote for McCain!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
I've contacted them,

You contacted the campaigns?

Personally, I found it odd that both McCain and Obama had $10,000,00+ in undisclosed campaign money.

Where do you get this information?

Just a few pieces of information you may be unaware of (I'm using Obama, but McCain's will be similar):

HOW TO READ THIS CHART:

* FULL DISCLOSURE: Includes full name and occupation / employer.
* INCOMPLETE DISCLOSURE: Occupation listed gives no indication what the person does for a living. Examples of unacceptably vague disclosures are such "occupations" as "businessman," "entrepreneur," "self-employed," and "executive".
* NO DISCLOSURE: No information about the donor's employer and / or occupation was listed.
* OTHER: All other revenues collected by the campaign, such as interest from the campaign's bank accounts and loans from outside sources. This figure is calculated by subtracting PAC, individual and candidate money from total revenues received. Negative numbers generally indicate an accounting error by the campaign.

Barack Obama Summary

So, if you donated and didn't give them a place of work, your money is part of the "No Disclosure" group. I think it's good that you're investigating this. Spend some time on Opensecrets.ORG and click on the little green question marks when you don't understand something.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I've contacted Opensecrets.org about the correlation between individual donations and how/why they are channeled through a private corporation. As I'm learning a lot about the system just by researching it, it seems incredibly fishy to say the least. Where as both McCain and Obama have over ten million dollars of "undisclosed" money.

They want to talk about the legitimacy of their campaign contributions have have "13,500,000" just kicking around from "wherever."

And why I asked Opensecrets.com "Why would a private donation need to be funneled through a multibillion dollar banking conglomerate?"

That's the issue.

They say "this money is legal."

and you're saying "Well, now that that's cleared up..."

I want to know the roots. Why there is similarities. Why PACs are being silenced, but still very active. Why between the two of these men, the same organizations seem to be funding them almost per beta.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Where as both McCain and Obama have over ten million dollars of "undisclosed" money.

They don't have over $10 million of undisclosed money. That 13 million came from people who didn't disclose where they work.

and you're saying "Well, now that that's cleared up..."

I said no such thing. I was trying to help you figure it out because I went through all of this several months ago myself and I thought I could help. I think it's a GOOD thing that you're doing this research.

And now that you've left a nasty note in my profile, which I deleted, I will back off and you can figure it out without my help.

Good luck.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
OH, man...

I have another post in the works, but while researching... I think I stumbled onto something BIG.

Enough to creep me out...

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Like I tell all my friends, it doesn't really matter who you vote for. They both have strong ties to the people with real power and are "salesmen". It's disgusting that it seems to be about 1% of people who really understand that it's all just for show, distracting people from making a difference where it matters, and it takes a lot of effort to make any sort of change at all. What we need is someone who will do away with all of the unconstitutional things that have been passed, but that will never happen as the media won't cover it.

I don't even bother to watch their campaigns, I just sit back and laugh (scared laugh) when people come up with criticism that I foretold to them months ago.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

* OTHER: All other revenues collected by the campaign, such as interest from the campaign's bank accounts and loans from outside sources. This figure is calculated by subtracting PAC, individual and candidate money from total revenues received. Negative numbers generally indicate an accounting error by the campaign.

Barack Obama Summary

Spend some time on Opensecrets.ORG and click on the little green question marks when you don't understand something.

Obama has $15,000,000.00 in "OTHER" and another $13,500,00.00 in undisclosed.

I left your snarky comment and the "other" definition up, so you can review.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_Guardian
Sorry I dont buy this "im a third party ron paul" voter BS thats been posted around the internet. Too many people are flip flopping over where they stand and when they are accused they simply make the "im a third party supporter" claim, I dont buy it, its this non-partisan claim where these people are partisan in real life.

If you dont want to vote for Democrats or Republicans, thats all fine and dandy, but I dont think we need to hear this constant whining of the two parties every freakin day, Its your choice to vote "other" but there is a vast majority of people who prefer the parties they support right now.

[edit on 16-9-2008 by southern_Guardian]

Oh, well I am a 3rd party supporter and am voting for Bob Barr, because Ron Paul isn't running...so I resent your statement. I'm a registered republican, so I have a right leaning bias I suppose. Though I have very socially liberal and fiscally conservative. Maybe that's a popular viewpoint that neither of these candidates represent...

[edit on 16-9-2008 by yellowcard]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Love stuff like this. S&F for you. Until just last week, two of my black employees were gung ho Obama fans, until I started schooling them on the real truth behind politicians. Here they thought he was all cool, a "real" guy because they showed him playing basketball in the ghetto on TV. Then I broke out his financials, his history, and lack of any real experience, etc., and now they at least have their heads out of their arsses. They also had no clue that there were other options, like Nader, etc.

But, obviously we here have a clue, and the real job is to spread the word, the truth, and make this an election for the people, not the politicians. Look, last election was 4 years ago. Since that time, look at things, or our tools, that have popped up. MySpace, for one example. Text messaging for another. It's up to each and every one of us in the know to spread the word to the sheeple, and let them know that they DO have a choice, AND a voice, and it's time to retake America, retake the Fed Reserve, and kick the illegals out and secure our borders. Oh, and bring back independent news agencies and small banks while were at it!

I saw a sig of someone on here that read something like... People laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at them because they are all the same.

I have done my part this election by educating not just one person, but many. Anyone that will honestly listen and remain objective, and willing to actually look into what I'm telling them, deserves my time and efforts. Many are so brain washed by the MSM, it's like a bad hollywood zombie movie. You know these people!

Remember the old shampoo commercial? ...and they told two friends, and they told two friends... and so on, and so on, and so on. What I'm saying is... "Don't just sit here on this forum and bitch!" Educate, spread the word, email friends, family and co-workers. Send links, videos, and anything that will break them out of being brain washed. Myself, well, I was a lucky one. I got rid of the television about 6 years ago when I came out of my media induced trance state. Since then, the world really is a whole new world ;-)

Lastly, look at it this way. IF you send out truth, and people just ignore it and call it crap, you'll be the one they look to when time rolls around that all your "doomsday" emails all suddenly start to come true. Maybe you can't save them this go around, but think of it as money in the bank ;-)

Vote for change! Vote out the corporate politicians!

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
regular everyday people can't really run for political leadership positions because of the money issue

maybe, a better way would be to pull members of the senate and house like jury duty from the general population

then we might be able to see really good people shine enough to become higher leaders

the current system is only for the rich and/or corrupted

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Hmm, wait the U.S. Army donated money towards John McCain's campaign? Is this information saying that the U.S. Army the body of the military donated those funds or is it stating that invidividud Soldiers of the United States Army donated those funds to the campaign.

I'd sure like to know if the US Military was playing favorites with candidates and donating money towards certain campaigns...that would be breaking news material and would shock the hell out of me. Unless i'm vastly ignorant about how our military and government works alongside each other.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Mcloud313

Private contributors within the U.S. Army.

Don't despair, as I can see through the smoke and mirrors myself. I'm hard at work on accumulating facts/statistics about just where this money is coming from. I stumbled on something in my research answering one of BH's post' that had really blown me away, and I'm currently working out the fine details and backing up these numbers with the help of the FEC and Opensecrets.com.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   

reply to post by Mcloud313

Private contributors within the U.S. Army.

Don't despair, as I can see through the smoke and mirrors myself. I'm hard at work on accumulating facts/statistics about just where this money is coming from. I stumbled on something in my research answering one of BH's post' that had really blown me away, and I'm currently working out the fine details and backing up these numbers with the help of the FEC and Opensecrets.com.

Great, keep us updated. It's always nice to know just where all these candidate's money is coming from. I truly think that current Presidents don't act on their will at all, but instead on the will of the Corporate Giants that stand behind them constantly funding their favorite puppets.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Master puppeteers control the two puppets actions. Same thing, different name. Republican or Democrat all on the team with the same agenda. Prepare for a cold winter

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join