It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the stock market fall sharply tomorrow? All indications are yes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I was reading the article on the Drudge report about the special Sunday session of trading that was initiated by the Federal Reserve. This was done to avoid potential catastrophe in case Lehman filed for bankruptcy protection before midnight.

Ten major banks also announced they would pool their money to create a pool of 70 million dollars to add some protection against the instability.

From what I could gather, it was a very bad "special" session and everything fell sharply except for Treasury bonds.

I fear a very drastic session on Wall Street tomorrow, with huge losses possible across the board. The DJIA could fall as much as 400 points by the session end.

**Disclaimer** I'm no financial guru, and I have never bought any stock in my life, but it seems to me that tomorrows session could be very troubled indeed.

Crisis on Wall Street as Lehman Seeks Relief

Frantic day on Wall Street as banks teeter

U.S. asset prices whipsaw as Lehman talks falter

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Well, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

Our economy is going to collapse, it's just a question of when. Could be tomorrow, Sept. 30th, or next year, but soon.

I'm investing in metals as well as securing long-term food supplies, hopefully everything works out.

Just be wary, they could try to forge a North American Union out of all of this. They could use the worthless value of the Dollar as an excuse to establish a new currency. Just a thought to be wary about, not saying it will happen.

Anyways, yea this could be the beginning of the collapse.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Looks like gold is going back up, which means the stock market will be going back down. It could start as early as tomorrow, we shall see.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

Well... there's a change we can believe in.

Down 500 points at the close, I believe the PPT kicked in about 20 minutes before the close or else we'd have seen an additional couple hundred points lost. That sharp upward spike at that time was questionable (but has become far too commonplace the last month and a half to be considered anything other than standard operating procedure for this market.) Wall Street seems to be requesting a mulligan.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I thought as much. Hard to prop up a market when the indicators world wide are so negative. Which is why I wonder how it rose so much over the past few weeks.

Makes for some real panic selling when the investors realize it was all smoke and mirrors once again.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
stocks thursday will be focused on the new jobs report

we will continue to have deflation in asset values as the deleveraging continues for another several months, then the stock market should continue to fall to about the 6500 level once people get real about the earnings enviornement with lending cut off and unemployment soaring.

If you didn't get into 3 month treasury's last summer you missed the boat. The time for cash being a safe haven may be limited. Also gold is priced at about 730 but alot of deals are getting done well above that price range amongst chatter that the 730 price is being artifically pushed down ( i don't know enough to confirm this, and it may simply be bullish investors predictions going sour and looking to blame others for the price "conspiracy"...who knows about that one.

Now more and more economists are predicting america will default in some way on it's debt late in the 2009 year, and that we make up one day in 2009 and hear that our current dollar is now only worth 25% of what it used to be, this the only way for the gov't to pay down it's entitlement debt (social security / medicare, etc). A default in gov't debt (later in 2009) would lead to massive lowering of the standard of living for nearly everyone and this would be the biggest financial event in the history of america. People's retirement accounts would be decimated. Gold and silver would be worth exponentially more.....fun times ahead.

top topics

join