It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loose Your House , Loose Your Vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The chairman of the Republican Party in Macomb County, Michigan, a key swing county in a key swing state, is planning to use a list of foreclosed homes to block people from voting in the upcoming election as part of the state GOP’s effort to challenge some voters on Election Day.

J. Gerald Herbert a former voting rights litigator for the U.S. Justice Department who now runs the Campaign Legal Center, a Washington D.C.-based public-interest law firm. “I don’t think a foreclosure notice is sufficient basis for a challenge, because people often remain in their homes after foreclosure begins and sometimes are able to negotiate and refinance.” ....
www.michiganmessenger.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Of course the law here is proper and necessary, but what we are seeing is selective enforcement in order to disenfranchise a group of voters who would obviously be motivated to vote for change. I’m an X felon, and have never had my vote challenged, where’s the zealous enforcement of that law? They could just as easily get a list of felons as they could a list of those who’ve been foreclosed upon. This is obvious vote manipulation.

Looks like the voter caging in Ohio is cranking back up as well.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Also, I really don’t understand why this thread is still open while this one is locked.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Particularly since a similar thread in ATS Breaking News (also locked) redirects you to the locked thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

join