It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Large Hadron Collider

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   

The Super Large Hadron Collider (SLHC) is a proposed upgrade to the Large Hadron Collider to be made around 2012. The upgrade aims at increasing the luminosity of the machine by factor of 10 to 1035 cm−2s−1, providing a better chance to see rare processes and improving statistically marginal measurements. Many different paths exist for upgrading the collider. A collection of different designs of the high luminosity interaction regions is being maintained by the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN)[1]. A workshop was held in 2006 to establish which are the most promising options [2]. A comprehensive press article on this workshop can be found at the CERN Courier. A summary of the possible machine parameters can be found at Machine parameters collection.

en.wikipedia.org...-0
Source --

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Well it's about time they upgraded that pathetic abacus of an atom smasher.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
i know its wikipedia, but i have heard it in some of CERN press conferences also.

I think this for the conpiracy doomsday fan boys its important because its proposal date of costruction is 2012, so feed on that doomsday people.

and i say... what ever helps the exploration of our universe and its laws... i'll support.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by CzErased]

new topics

join