It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia threatens to target US missile shield sites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Russia threatens to target US missile shield sites

afp.google.com

MOSCOW (AFP) — Russia could point missiles at strategic US targets in central Europe, including planned American missile shield sites in Poland and the Czech Republic, a senior Russian general said Wednesday.

"I can't exclude that if such decisions are taken by our military-political leadership, the missile shield in Poland and the Czech Republic and other such objects could be chosen as designated targets for some of our inter-continental ballistic missiles," General Nikolai Solovtsov said, quoted by Interfax.

Moscow "is obliged to take corresponding measures that prevent under any circumstances the devaluing of Russia's nuclear deterrent.

"We should be sure that the current and future strategic missile forces... are guaranteed to fulfil the task of strategic deterrence," said Solovtsov, the head of Russia's strategic missile forces.

Solovtsov added that by the end of the year Russia planned to carry out four strategic missile tests, including a test of the new RS-24, capable of carrying a clutch of independently targetable warheads.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

The West caused the USSR to go broke by upping the ante continuously in the cold war. The Star Wars project is an example back in that time when it really did not exist.

Putin is now forming a strategy to break the West, especially the USA and the dollar, by exactly the same tactic. Putin in a practical sense ran the KGB. That makes bluffing him down both impossible and quite dangerous.

This comment on the article by financial pundit and gold bug Jim Sinclair, who is no fool by any means.

Not sure how much I agree with his view, or how much of this I actually understand, but the US has clearly exposed a soft underbelly which Russia is seemingly now positioning itself to take advantage of.

afp.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Well if your gonna have all those missles you might as well point them at something, right? I would imagine that the coordinates have been locked in for a while now.

And I'm sure ours are pointed at their missle sites.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
And we have all the missiles in the world pointed at Moscow.

Political grandstanding is all this is. Cold War anyone???

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
So wate!!! you mean to tell me Russia AKA (CCCP) is going to point missles at the "missle shield" umm god forbid it was up and runing because what would be the point? now with that sillyness out of the way.

I am concerned that all this grandstanding is going to cause someone to fall off the stand so to speak. We all know that bush can hardly stand still. let alone keep his balance so my question is who is going to fire first because I don't think this is going to be any thing like the cold war of the past.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Russia has never been a friend of the U.S. They long to be what they were durring the cold war. They're trying to insert theirselves back on the world stage by bullying everyone around them that is prowestern.

It's a ploy right out of the unitedstates playbook to justify wars on behalf of thier own interests.

Russia is paranoid about NATO and the US is paranoid about terrorism. So what do they do they go around threatning and attacking who ever they see as a threat.

People and countries are being forced to choose sides. The mentality of "If your not with us your against us" is gonna spark WWIII. I've never seen a power struggle like this in my lifetime. I don't think people have since before WWII.

Right now it's a game of chess one false move on either side and we'll all go up in flames. I hope you all have some 2,000,000 digree sunblock if not your gonna get one hell of a tan.

top topics

join