It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq torture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Wouln't really know where this goes, but heres somee pictures of Iraqis cutting of a guys foot and leg after stealing. Thank god Bush led a war to stop this abuse.

WARNING!!! THIS IS VILOENT, MAKE SURE YOU DIDNT JUST EAT

[Edited on 20-3-2004 by Laxpla]

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Yeah I saw that a long time ago. How do you know that they're Iraqi's though? This video really isnt half as bad as the one with the guy getting his head cut off. But anyway, gotta love entensity.net

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
First things first. Are you sure this is even Iraq? Secondly, what was the reasoning behind this? Remember, in many Middle Eastern countries, they will remove the hand of a thief. I don't know why they removed the foot...maybe he tried to run. Or, he could have been someone who rebeled or committed treason. The Middle East is a completely different culture than our Western Civilization.

Anyhow, just showing a video and calling them evil does not make them evil. If you showed foreigners a video of the LA riots, they would think we were uncivilized and that America is wrapped up in this new "Civil War", when in fact it was only a few places. So, please find the background on the video...if you can.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Don't some muslim areas practice amputation as a punishment for stealing? Sure its torturous, but its not something unique to Iraq if the video even originated from there.

I don't want to watch the video, so I want to know what evidence shows this video it as coming from Iraq? Iraq wasn't completely muslim, so I am unsure that such punishments would take place there. Perhaps in more muslim areas of the country, but even then I am not sure.

[Edited on 20-3-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Hahaha! Damn! Ouchie! Sucks for those guys.

But yeah, as everyone else is saying. How is one to know this is from Iraq? Besides, this is a form of punishment in muslim circles I believe...

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Aint it funny that everyone says hey its OK its Muslims.

If the USA was doing this people would be histerical.

Just a thought

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I don't think anybody wthin this thread has condoned such punishment yet. Merely pointing out that such an event is not exclusive to Saddam regime Iraq, if it came from there at all.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
I don't think anybody wthin this thread has condoned such punishment yet. Merely pointing out that such an event is not exclusive to Saddam regime Iraq, if it came from there at all.

So is stoning women to death but that does not make it right and people should keep this in mind when we deal with such cultures.

The USA is far from being an angel but I was just pointing out the world is, in general, a # hole, and cruelty is not a trait that only the west has.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Here is an eyewitness that lives in Iraq and is an Iraqi and a girl. For some reason I believe everything she has said. It is excellent writting and should be a book.

Tututkamen

Ever since the occupation there have been 400 females abducted in Baghdad alone and that is only the number of recorded abductions. Most families don�t go to the Americans to tell about an abduction because they know it�s useless. The male members of the family take it upon themselves to search for the abducted female and get revenge if they find the abductors. What else is there to do? I know if I were abducted I�d much rather my family organize themselves and look for me personally than go to the CPA.etc....

The looting and killing of today has changed from the looting and killing in April. In April, it was quite random. Criminals were working alone. Now they�re more organized than the CPA (Coalition Provisional Authority) and the troops combined. No one works alone anymore- they�ve created gangs and armed militias. They pull up to houses in minivans and SUVs, armed with machineguns and sometimes grenades. They barge into the house and demand money and gold. If they don�t find enough, they abduct a child or female and ask for ransom. Sometimes the whole family is killed- sometimes only the male members of the family are killed.

For a while, the men in certain areas began arranging �lookouts�. They would gather, every 6 or 7 guys, in a street, armed with Klashnikovs, and watch out for the whole area. They would stop strange cars and ask them what family they were there to visit. Hundreds of looters were caught that way- we actually felt safe for a brief period. Then the American armored cars started patrolling the safer residential areas, ordering the men off the streets- telling them that if they were seen carrying a weapon, they would be treated as criminals.

Most of the gangs, at least the ones in Baghdad, originate from slums on the outskirts of the city. �Al-Sadir City� is a huge, notorious slum with a population of around 1.5 million. The whole place is terrifying. If you lose a car or a person, you will most likely find them there. Every alley is controlled by a different gang and weapons are sold in the streets� they�ll even try out that machinegun you have your eye on, if you pay enough. Americans don�t bother raiding the houses in areas like that� raids are exclusively for decent people who can�t shoot back or attack. Raids are for the poor people in Ramadi, Ba�aquba and Mosul.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I watched on TV as some poor negro guy was strapped down and given a lethal injection. America must truly be a barbaric country.

If the authorities can just pick innocent people up off the sidewalk and kill them without reason. It must be true, because I saw it all on TV.

Or am I missing something here ?

I would like to know a lot more before I draw any conclusions from a short film clip.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
In the muslim world they see our prisons as inhumane. There you steal, you lose the hand.

Here you steal you get locked in a prison for many years and are raped and beaten. Before I get slapped for being "unpatriotic" I should tell you have done rape counseling for ex convicts, it is horrific what bad check writers must endure, most would have rather lost a hand.

[Edited on 3/20/2004 by nativeokie]

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OXmanK
"...I don't know why they removed the foot...maybe he tried to run. Or, he could have been someone who rebeled or committed treason. The Middle East is a completely different culture than our Western Civilization."
Anyhow, just showing a video and calling them evil does not make them evil. If you showed foreigners a video of the LA riots, they would think we were uncivilized and that America is wrapped up in this new "Civil War", when in fact it was only a few places. So, please find the background on the video...if you can.

Not evil...I could beg to differ...We USED to cut peoples limbs off drown them hang them chop their heads off torture them....we evolved out of these practices because it is INHUMANE. For one very big reason if not for any other, what if the person is mistakenly found guilty of this crime, and is actually innocent.
How can you punish someone without trial. My best friend lives in the middle east and is from the middle east and IS a muslim and finds these constant acts of immoral punishment deplorable and so do most others. Its is an uncivilized approach to punishment.
Cmon man thats some evil ass # goin down !
--kristine
Look Im not sayin we re that much better but we dont allow public torture....anymore

[Edited on 20-3-2004 by xxKrisxx]

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
i saw a video of Uday Hussein and someone else from the hussein family strapping explosive to two peoples heads and blowing them up in some wastelands.
No proof that it was them but the site said it was. (it didnt look like BS)

Thank Fck we have a country as powerful as the US on this planet. Even if people dont like a few of their choices.

I saw on TV the anti-war protests yesterday... I think its fine that theyre protesting but i dont think graffiti/climbing buildings/chanting anti-bush talk is helping anyone in the world. Its just causing more trouble.
(im not saying they shouldnt be allowed to, but maybe they should see that they are being extremely selfish with what they are doing. Why dont they go to Iraq and help? Surely if they really cared for Iraqis, they would want to go clear up after their own government instead of just saying "LETS GET OUR TROOPS OUT AND LEAVE THE COUNTRY AS IT IS.")

im sitting on my arse in britain typing this post knowing how free i really am in comparison to some people. i think people should go back to basics with their thoughts aswel.

top topics

join