It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multi-personality dissorder?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
As a child I was sexually abused, now I am afraid, I'm seeing things that aren't there, forgetting things, but remembering others, my interest is peaked on very strange things and I can't stop myself, am i losing my sanity?

does a test exist that could diagnose this? if so please help

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by prolificobsenitees
am i losing my sanity?

I think that your question clearly shows that you are NOT losing your sanity. But you have had some terrible experiences that I am sure have left you with psychological and emotional scars. Perhaps you need to seek professional help or find someone you trust, someone you can speak to about the awful abuse you suffered.
I hope that you find such a person, and that you in time will be able to put the traumatic events behind you and find happiness in your life.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
first thing you need to do is identify if the things your having urges to to are thoughts that may cross everyone's mind and truly think about whether or not you really want to these things like you would actually enjoy doing them and if you wouldn't then push the thoughts out of your mind and if you would then i would tell someone immediately the fact that you know there wrong and are posting about it proves your sanity

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
What it sounds like you are experiencing is referred to as, intrusive thoughts. This is one of the many symptoms of PTSD and not a form of psychosis. When you speak of seeing things, are you really seeing things or having momentary difficulty interpreting what it is that you are looking at? I agree with Ziggystar that talking to a therapist might be beneficial to you. Good luck.

top topics

join