It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great NFL Conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
the nfl as well as all sports is clearly rigged. they may not pick a superbowl winner before the start of the season but many games are fixed in order to produce lots of money through gambling. I mean how much do you think they made off that superbowl last year. a wild card team that backed into the playoffs beating an undefeated powerhouse. complete bull#. Has anyone happened to notice that there are like at least 2 or 3 if not 5 or 6 horrible officiating mistakes in every game. those refs are not that stupid. you don't look at an instant replay for 5 min and still make a horrific call. oh and by the way wasn't there an nba official thrown in prison for accepting payoffs for fixing games. I suppose you think he was the only one ever. you have got to be foolish as well as naive to believe that. people please look at whats going on around you. everything is not as it seems. look at the trends over the last 10 years or so. it's almost always an underdog winning championships now. there are more upsets now than ever before. the patriots, giants, rams, ravens, bucs, all those teams won championships outa left field. the marlins, diamondbacks, and maybe the rays. the 49ers, bulls and yankees all dominated you dont see that anymore because its not as interesting. therefore tom brady is hurt, michael jordan mysteriously reitires in his prime(yea right, real believable) joe montana leaves and goes to the chiefs. (wtf?) and you have wonderful stories such as kurt warner the supermarket bowl mvp. tom brady's 1st chamionship knocking off the supermarket bowl mvp as a damn rookie and very little talent around him oh yea and that tuck rule #. than tampa bay wins one barely ever having one a playoff game or a game period under 40 degrees. It's awfully funny how a team can win a championship and the following season the same core group of players cant make the playoffs at all.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
If you think sports are fixed, and by God I sure do, then check out this guy on the net. He covers not just the NFL, but most every league and aspect of the "conspiracy." Go to: www.thefixisin.net

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
IMO, the whole Favre thing was done to bring attention to the league. Did anyone notice how many more Favre commercials were being run on TV during all that? Follow the money.

The NFL, the NBA and MLB are all 'sports entertainment' now. And it's a real shame because football and basketball are the best games ever. Greed ruins everything.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Arizona in the Superbowl????????????? They were completely destroyed by Minnesota, and then New England. How did this sorry club get to the Superbowl?

Fast forward to the game. The Cards do nothing for 45 minutes of the game, but those other 15 minutes they look unstoppable? The Steelers look unstoppable early, but from the 10 minute mark of the first quarter, til just over 2 minutes left, they couldn't do anything right? Excepting of course the interception for touchdown.

The NFL would have been the laughing stock of the world had the Cardinals won the Superbowl. A 9-7 regular season team winning? The Cardinals played in the worst division in the history of the league, yet the best they could do was 9-7? Someone had to win the division.

Some people simply say the other team made adjustments, I say that's crap. I believe the NFL is rigged, just watch some of the clearly bad calls the referees make, even on instant replay, they still get the calls wrong.

Holding can be called on every play, yet watch some games, it seems like 1 team will get several holding calls against them, while the other team gets 1 or none. Yea, but good teams overcome bad calls is always the mantra.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Unfortunately, I have to agree with those who can see the ‘managed’ nature of the NFL. What used to be the greatest game is now pro wrestling. Anyone who watched the SB last Sunday had it rubbed in their faces. A linebacker going 100 yards for an interception return? The Pitt safeties parting like the Red Sea for Fitzgerald in the second half? Then there’s the ‘game winning’ drive at the end where the AZ DB ‘falls down’ keeping the drive alive, and the two passes into the end zone where no DB was within 5 yards of the receiver either time.

Think about it folks, it’s a business worth hundreds of billions when you include the gambling. Do you really think it’s left to chance? I don’t think that every game is scripted, they don’t have to be. But when it counts, ‘the good of the business’ prevails.

Anyone remember how Peyton Manning reacted to winning the SB? It was almost as if he knew he didn’t accomplish a thing. Oh well, he has a fortune to console him.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I still remember the first Superbowl after 9/11. Was it Paul McCartney that mentioned something about the "Patriots" winning the game, and none of the commentators saying a word after? The commentators just blew it off like they didn't hear it. That told me a lot about the National Fix League.

Imagine what would happen if word got out that, Yes, the league is fixed.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Oh boy, if this were to get out about the National Football League. It would most certainly mean the death of football as we know it in the states and Canada. If something like this were to get out, it could also make people think the same way about other sports leagues as well. When it happens, it will be a domino effect. One league goes down because of fixed games, then another league may see game attendance go down as a result. This would be the last thing that any sports league would need. With the steroids scandals and such, what else can go wrong? However, I do believe that the National Basketball Association is starting to crackdown on the betting on games by both players and officials. If it wasn't for the Tim Donaghy scandl, we would never hear or something like this. However, gambling on games so that the outcome could be affected is nothing new. This has been going on for years before this with Pete Rose and baseball.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join