It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predicted Mass UFO Sighting: Will it Force Disclosure to Occur?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I stumbled on this article and although I am very sceptical I was interested to find that two people predicted the same thing: A mass UFO sighting on October 14th 2008. Where you may ask? In Alabama!

Read it here:

Like wildfires in the Australian outback, rumors of an upcoming mass televised UFO sighting over American skies are taking the Internet by storm. Blossom Goodchild, an Aussie actress and author, has the international Ufology community on its ear with channeled information concerning the eminent appearance of a massive extraterrestrial spacecraft for October 14th, 2008. Calling themselves ‘The Federation of Light’, these Beings from another world have stated to Goodchild that they intend not only to make themselves known, but also to remain more or less in place for a full 72 hour period, thereby providing the media with ample opportunity to once and for all capture on film evidence that will silence the skeptics and debunkers forever. The predicted rendezvous point? Alabama.

And here's the kicker; she isn't the only one making the prediction. Unbeknownst perhaps even to themselves, statements made by other individuals in the past corroborate her findings, one of these being immortalized on paper by Dannion Brinkley. In his latest book (entitled “Secrets of the Light” and published in 2004) on page 222 Brinkley says:

“By the year 2008, the fact that we are not alone in the universe will be made undeniably clear to everyone on the planet. With millions of planets and billions of stars, I cannot fathom how we could ever thought in any other terms. However, for those who have doubted, the extraterrestrials will make themselves known. I believe they feel they have no choice but to show themselves as we verge on self-annihilation, genocide and toxic poisoning. The truth of our inter-galactic lineage will become common knowledge. If I am to believe the vision, the truth of our intergalactic lineage will cause humanity to take one wild ride.”

A few things stand out in all this. For one, it is rather unusual for channels and mediums to give exact dates and places for events to occur - let alone the appearance of an alien spacecraft. Some leeway and margin of error is usually provided to allow for interpretation (and for people with less than honorable intentions, room to squiggle out from). Not in this case. Goodchild is adamant and steadfast on the date.

Another point to keep in mind is that from reading the materials on her web site (blossomgoodchild.com), Goodchild herself seems at odds with the information - almost as if she thinks herself unfit for the task of bringing this information to the world. This again, is quite unusual for channels and mediums. If anything, such people rarely exhibit doubt or disbelief in their own predictions.

Naysayers will immediately dismiss Goodchild’s statements as ludicrous. However, if Goodchild was consciously perpetrating a hoax and simply wanted to make money with all this (after all, she is an author and actress), she is definitely going about it in the wrong manner. Any skilled marketing representative would tell her to do two things:

1) Be less specific of the date on which the craft is supposed to appear (actually, they would most likely tell her to put it off by at least nine months)

2) Flood the market with products and services (books, videos, seminar appearances and lectures, etc) so the money can start pouring in. She's done neither.

Actually, her prediction was made on August 22nd of this year, with “showtime” being less than three months away - far too soon a timeline for the reaping of financial rewards or fame.

Speaking of which...

There is also the inevitable credibility factor to consider. If Goodchild proves to be wrong with this information, it is obvious that whoever enjoyed reading her materials before will begin to shun and avoid her in the future (much like our beloved and elusive Bigfoot hunters from Georgia). So on a personal level, quite a bit is at stake for Goodchild. And she would know this.

To stir the waters even further, consider that the Canadian Prime Minister Mr. Stephen Harper in the last week has called for surprise federal elections to occur on (you guessed it) … October 14th, 2008. According to Mr. Alfred Webre from Exopolitics.com, world officials are taking the announcement of the arrival of an extraterrestrial spacecraft in our skies seriously, and plans may already be underway to pull public focus away from such a seminal event and place it on more domestic and political issues instead. In this case, the controversy generated by surprise federal elections would tie up Canadian airwaves quite nicely. If extraterrestrials wish for their presence to be known to the world on that day, they would need to account for this type of potential interference, along with one million other variables.

Of course, being highly evolved Beings, they (hopefully) would.

In any case, the heat on the forums is palpable. YouTube videos on Goodchild’s predictions are everywhere. And as one forum member on Unexplained_Mysteries remarked, the date itself is unique because October 14th 2008 translates to 10-14-2008, which becomes (if you subtract each number from the next) …minus 2012. Coincidence? Perhaps.

Even if Blossom turns out to be wrong and nothing occurs on or around October 14th this year, it is clear by humanity's current state of affairs that something of this nature needs to occur anyhow - and sooner rather than later. Full on contact and (to a degree) interference within human affairs cannot occur prior to a series of events such as these that will undeniably make the entire world acknowledge once and for all that Extraterrestrials are real. Whomever is watching over us needs to make themselves known, and any medium is viable, whether they are electronic, or human.

I haven't watched the video yet but I am marking this day in my diary...just in case

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I say that whatever happens, or doesn't happen, it all needs to be on film on Oct.14th. The people making these claims need to be filmed on Oct.14th, and the skies need to be filmed just in case.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Good point. Also the need to be kept from from balloons, chinese lanterns and helium! Although saying that. Blossom lives in Australia and is far away from Alabama.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

Well, Alabama is a possibility since they have Redstone Arsenal there, and there have been UFO connections to that place for some time.

I actually did my AIT for the Army at the Redstone in the 90's...and even back then, it was different from other bases I was stationed at. It wasn't just the security, but the look and feel of the place seemed to indicate that the base was a 'step up' from others.

Either way, I hope this happens on that date, or any other for that matter - just happen damnit!

Good post, will look into it more later.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Predicted UFO sighting hey? Well I'll make a prediction of my own. This thread will grow and grow right up to the monumental moment that absolutely nothing happens!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
intresting, a few weeks ago their was a post by a representative of "The Federation of Light" (or whatever their called) saying this was going to happen on this date!

i thought they were just a bunch of loonies!

Mintwithahole , i go with your prediction, and the fact its now been mentioned on ats, so most likely wont happen.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
These supposedly evolved ETs seem like a bunch of morons to me.

If they want to "send us a message", how about a telegram?

Hovering in the sky says, "We can fly here, and you can't. Neener neener." and nothing else.

how about landing, talking and opening long term diplomatic relations? Want to talk outside governments? Try universities. There are plenty in the world.

No disclosure? blame ET. They can change things if they want. If there actually are any coming here, they show no interest in interacting with us in any generally productive way. If that's so, I think they should buzz off.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lebowski achiever

Like wildfires in the Australian outback, rumors of an upcoming mass televised UFO sighting over American skies are taking the Internet by storm. Blossom Goodchild, an Aussie actress and author, has the international Ufology community on its ear with channeled information concerning the eminent appearance of a massive extraterrestrial spacecraft for October 14th, 2008

Who the hell is Blossom Goodchild?

If she's an author or actor I guess she isn't very well know, and with claims like hers, I can understand why. In my opinion, anything with Federation of light in it, is usually crap. But saying that, I still do believe in some future disclosure....just not with the federation of light and I doubt that Blossom has had any contact with aliens

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lebowski achiever

Like wildfires in the Australian outback, rumors of an upcoming mass televised UFO sighting over American skies are taking the Internet by storm. Blossom Goodchild, an Aussie actress and author, has the international Ufology community on its ear with channeled information concerning the eminent appearance of a massive extraterrestrial spacecraft for October 14th, 2008

Who the hell is Blossom Goodchild?

If she's an author or actor I guess she isn't very well know, and with claims like hers, I can understand why. In my opinion, anything with Federation of light in it, is usually crap. But saying that, I still do believe in some future disclosure....just not with the federation of light and I doubt that Blossom has had any contact with aliens

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
This very topic is actually being discussed here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

In any case it would be quite the event if it happens. We won't know until then, but I hope it happens.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Yes, and I wonder how Leboswki could have possibly missed the post.
As soon as I saw the title, I knew here we go again. The search feature doesn't seem to work for everyone here - pity that.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by vance

Actually I did do a search on Blossom Goodchild and found nothing. My apologies for the double thread!

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I have talked about Ufology and its connection to the occult and end time prophecy before. First of all, I don't know if any 'alien craft' will appear in southern skies of the United States on October 14th. But neither do I think that Blossom Goodchild is just making this up. I do believe this information has a source. The questions we must ask are, who is this source, and why is this information is being disclosed now? According to Blossom Goodchild's own internet blog, she is a medium and channeler of spirits...

Quote: "I am a 'Direct Voice Channelling Medium' . The main energy that I channel chooses to present himself to us as a Native American Indian by the name of WHITE CLOUD. Apparently I agreed 'many moons ago' to get his message across on this side of the veil. With love Light and Laughter I choose to do so.

Now concerning sources of spiritual information, there are only two kinds. The kind that is of God, and that kind that is demonic. And it is clear to see that this kind is definitely demonic, and on several counts. Firstly, the Bible expressly forbids the channelling of spirits (Deuteronomy 18:10-12), so we know immediately that the spirits which are in contact with Blossom are not of God. Demonic spirits can manifest to people in many different guises. Some take on the form of people who have died. Since demonic spirits can never die, they have been around for a long time and can remember people and places from hundreds of years ago. When people go to séances to contact to their departed relatives, they are not actually speaking to these relatives, but they are talking to imitating demons who were acquainted with their lives. For example, the familiar spirit that Blossom Goodchild contacts has taken on the form of a native American by the name of 'White Cloud', who probably was a real person at one time. Some spirits manifest themselves as extra-terrestrials, and this can be seen by the message Blossom Goodchild has received from the group calling themselves the Federation of Light. But although they manifest in different ways, the goal is always the same - to deceive.

Now I recently heard Jack Van Impe claim that there may be life on other planets. There is absolutely no Scriptural justification for claiming that there is life on other planets. What's more, I would be very concerned about Christians that claim this, because if an alien craft actually appeared in our skies, there is a good chance genuine Christians could be deceived into accepting the word of a demonic spirit! How do I know these extra-terrestrials are demonic spirits? We have just seen that the people that these beings chose to reveal themselves to are always involved in some way or other in the occult. We also know they are demonic spirits by the message they bring. Their message always has a New Age connection. The aliens are either trying to help mankind achieve the next step of spiritual enlightenment, or they are trying to preserve mankind from great calamities ahead. Look at their message...

First of all, they claim to be called the Federation of Light. Now that name ought to start alarm bells ringing in the ears of any Christian. For we know that the name Lucifer means 'Light bearer'. Paul also describes Satan as being "transformed into an angel of light" with the goal of deceiving people (2nd Corinthians 11:14-15), and says that it is no marvel then that his followers should also appear in such a manner. So now we have identified both the source of the message, and who the 'Federation of Light' are. Our next question is, why is this information being disclosed now? From Blossom Goodchild's message, we can deduct that mankind is about to enter into a period of great calamity, and the extra-terrestrial's intentions are to prepare us for this event.

Quote: "We are beings from other planets, who for many eons of your time have been preparing for these days ahead... If we do not intervene now... as has been planned for eons of your earth time... then we fear it would be too late.

The question is, how could these extra-terrestrials know what was going to take place on a remote planet in the universe, eons before it happens? An eon is "the longest division of geological time". And why did the extra-terrestrials bother to begin planning for this event such a long time ago? If we assume that these aliens are creatures more or less just like us, then it makes no sense at all. The only Person that could know this kind of information is God Himself. But as soon as we assume that these extra-terrestrials are demonic spirits, who are familiar with God's Word (Luke 4:9-11) and have been scheming man's downfall since the garden of Eden (Genesis 3), then it makes perfect sense. This is in fact a truthful statement the Federation of Light make, only their intervention is not for our benefit. And this fact is further verified by another of their statements...

Quote: "For too long your world has lived under a cloud that most of you have been unaware of. If you were to KNOW the Truths of what has been hidden from you, you would be appalled and in great disbelief.

This was the original lie that Satan told Eve in the garden, that God has purposely hidden the truth from us and that Satan now offers it to us. "And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil", Genesis 3:4-5. And Satan has told the same lie throughout history, and does so because people keep believing it. But God has revealed the Truth to us, in the Person of Jesus Christ (John 14:6). Another statement by the Federation of Light gives the game away completely...

Quote: "WE... THE FEDERATION OF LIGHT... SIGN OFF, GIVING YOU ENCOURAGEMENT AND HOPE AS WE BEGIN THE ASCENSION INTO THE NEW WORLD.

This answers our question as to why this message is bring broadcast now. Satan knows that his time is short. Jesus Christ is coming back soon, first to the air for His Church. And then this world will enter a time of great calamity as God pours out His wrath upon the earth. Jesus Christ prophesied this fact eons ago...

Luke 21:25-26
And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

Satan knows that this is going to happen. But he doesn't want people to believe the Bible, and repent of their sins and turn to Jesus Christ for salvation. Satan wants people to believe that he and his demonic host of extra-terrestrials are here to preserve us through this time of trouble, and that a great spiritual awakening awaits us at the end of it all. It's a cover up, but the government isn't behind it. It's a satanic conspiracy. When millions of Christians 'disappear' into thin air, Satan will have the perfect answer for it all... they were beamed up by aliens...

Quote: "When the ancient prophecies of major floods and earthquakes are suddenly fulfilled, many of Earth's people are rescued by spacecraft and taken to huge mother ships, where they are received as honoured guests while Planet Earth undergoes a complete restructuring. As they enjoy the enriching experiences of daily life on these giant spaceships, they debate and plan their New Society. Rejecting outright any form of aggression and planetary pollution, they develop new ideals of law and liberty based on one simple, all-embracing principle reflected in a full program of land and resources-use, economy, business, and personal liberties. Just as many intrepid souls once crossed the Atlantic from the Old World to a new continent and a new life, so the time finally comes when Earth's people return to their 'new' planet, now cleansed, refreshed and replanted.

I don't know whether an alien craft will appear in the skies above the continental US on the 14th of October, but I do know Satan is getting more bold in his efforts to deceive mankind. Do not be deceived. Jesus Christ is coming back. He came from heaven to earth to bring us salvation (1st John 5:11). God loves you so much that He sent His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, into the world to bear the punishment for your sins upon the cross (John 3:16). And all who believe on Him for salvation can have everlasting life. Jesus Christ is coming back again to take all who have trusted in Him to be with Him where He is (John 14:3). Will you be one of them? Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation today!

1st John 3:2-3
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I was born Roman Catholic but do not practice any faith. Therefore, I do not know much about the Bible except for what is common to most people. I know God is supposed to be perfect in every way and that humans are not and that humans are full of faults. That being said, God did not write the accounts in the Bible; man did. How can we know if everything in the Bible actually happened or was said?
In preschool; did your class ever play a game where everyone including the teacher sits in a circle and the teacher whispers something in one child's ear than that child leans over to the child next to him/her and repeats what the teacher said? The process keeps repeating until the last child in the circle gets to the teacher and says in front of everyone what he/she heard. 99% of the time, the statement that is said is mostly changed from the original statement.
Sure, the Bible has been copied and re-written hundreds of times but how do we know how accurate the information is? Each individual's accounts of events that happen are always a little different from the other guy next to you that might have seen the same thing.
If Mediums, Fortune Tellers, Ghosts and the like are all against the will of God, didn't Jesus become a ghost, or spirit, himself after crucifixion and was later resurrected from the world of the dead?
The serpent coaxed the female to eat the fruit. So does that mean that before that happened, Lucifer had already been cast out of heaven because evil in the form of the serpent existed in the Garden of Eden?
The Vatican has recently acknowledged that God may have created other being than just ourselves and that they would welcome them as brothers. That's a bold statement!
Thank you readers for your time.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
truthseekerss - that is an excellent post and you make some very, very good points. Like so many others, Blossom Goodchild herself probably doesn't realise that she is not speaking to whoever she has been told she is.

Here are various quotes taken directly from Blossom's official site. This is the so-called 'Federation of Light' speaking to Goodchild and/or the readers in her more recent channellings (page 4 on her site in the Federation channellings section).

1. That is why we say for you to go within. That is why we have asked throughout many ‘mediums’ for you to do of your meditation. This is how you get to KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

2. So many of you are listening to your soul’s quest and urging the TRUTH within to reveal itself. “FEEL” the TRUTH. As we have said, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that can take YOUR TRUTH away from you.

3. THERE IS ONLY LOVE.

4. WELCOME TO THE RETURN OF YOURSELVES. YOU SHALL KNOW OF THIS BY KNOWING YOURSELF.

Over and over again throughout many of the channellings, they speak of 'YOUR truth within', 'nothing that can take YOUR TRUTH away from you' - whereas in the Bible it says that the truth is God, rather than in oneself.

Then 'they' present another new age idea that 'there is only love', when it states very clearly over and over in the Bible that sin and evil are very real and that we mustn't fool ourselves that they don't exist.

Aliens coming here to give us solutions to monetary, governmental, environmental problems and so forth understandably sounds pretty good - but it would be too easy for some to get carried away immediately trusting these 'people' and their promises, and that in itself is cause to be wary.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

It's true, but very funny at the same time.

I'm not holding much hope for his date, although all other predictions have been extremely accurate, i'm still remaining skeptical on this one

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseekerss

I personally don't subscribe to any religious dogmas.

Satan is when you BS and deceive yourself and others, and never learn to be a compassionate and loving person. Otherwise Satan is just a label and not an entity, just as God is a label. We all have the ability for good and bad, and we are all equally connected in this universe.

It will be interesting to see what transpires on the 14th of October because it is not just this person who has given this exact date and time frame. There have been many site and different sources that are pointing to this particular date.

Let's take it all with a grain of salt, but it would be nice to have someone or group toss us life vest, because right now we are all sinking.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
If something does happen, I'm under the impression it won't be aliens at all but some kind of false flag hoax. If I can have trip around the galaxy ill be happy, bit only until that time i'll remain skeptical.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Like Mystic said there is already an active thread. Like I said in that thread; "it ain't gonna happen" because:

1) They will postpone because we are not "readÿ" yet OR
2) They will only be visible for the "believers" OR
3) They will land on Mars by mistake and wonder why nobody's there.

Only 3 more weeks..... then we know for sure

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Why won't it happen? Because I don't believe that people can see the future, and never ever have any predictions come true about UFO's.

Nothing will happen on Oct. 14th except a whole lot of people are getting ridiculed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join