It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are Dreaming

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
***The other day I was writing down some thoughts when this spilled out across the pages. I just thought I share it. If you like it, great. If you don’t, that’s fine too.***

No, I’m not using rhetoric, I’m being totally serious. You are dreaming right now. ((BUT what is a dream? An altered reality)) The ego that you identify with is a lie. It isn’t really you. Furthermore, we are all masss collections of fragmented information that has been collected for what seems like eons, but in True Reality, time does not exist. What we all refer to or call reality has only been around for a few hours in True Reality, which is also the Mind of God, the Root Mind.

Of course, answers only lead to more questions, but are you asking the right ones?

Over a period of about 8 years this understanding has become more and more clear. By experiencing extremely vivid and lucid dreams that had such detail that it appeared to actually be reality. What makes reality so real? I have a past full of detailed memories. I have a present stream of thought; Awareness. Break these down even further and you see that the world is very rich in detail;

SPIRIT --- BODY
Memory --- See
Reason --- Taste
Imagination --- Feel
Thoughts --- Smell
Emotions --- Hear

How is it that in a dream I can create a rich and detailed world (Which I believe is quite possibly a parallel universe.) all in my mind; Dreams with detailed memories, and a present stream of thought containing all 10 senses?

Partial Awareness is a state of mind that can occur when the mind is re-booting the present ego that you currently call “yourself”. During this period of reboot, other information can enter the Awareness Stream from the Root Mind. The Root Mind is the only True Identity. You could say that all the other parallel universes are a direct result of (including this universe.) a virus entering the Root Mind.

All universes have their own set of laws. To try to dissect and understand the laws in order an attempt to understand the mystery of the universe is futile. The mind is vastly complex beyond anything that we could possibly imagine, and it is always able to fill in the gaps. IAW, you’ll never find an end to the universe because the mind will ALWAYS create another door.
We should, instead, focus our energy on waking up; reconnecting to the Root Mind. If we fail to do so, our ego will be fully corrupted by the virus resulting in complete eradication from the Root Mind.

The virus is programmed to violate the laws of the Root Mind. The Laws create perfect harmony and peace, but the virus is programmed to oppose each law. Instead of peace, the virus creates discord and war. Instead of love, the virus creates selfishness and hatred.

So who are you really?

You are not your ego, but you are your soul. The ego doesn’t exist.

So what is the soul?

The soul was originally intended to reflect. Like a mirror it was to reflect the Real Ego of the Root Mind, but you can choose what to reflect. You can choose to build a corrupt ego based on fragmented information, or acknowledge the fact that your ego just an illusion. The soul is like a computer that can choose its programming, or reflection.

Now with all that being said, ANYTHING is possible. Yes, I know that word cover a vast spectrum of infinite possibilities, but it is true. The only thing stopping you, is Y-O-U. Life just hasn’t become lucid to you yet. In the moment of rapt lucidity, you will wake up.

How do you know you are dreaming?
What is a dream? An altered reality.

When you begin to wonder, “Is this a dream?” An altered reality… a shadow of the real… you’re on your way to waking up.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
How do we reconnect with the "Root Mind"? Living in the now? Abolishing the ego?

When the day is done the only thing you can experience is this reality. It's gross and constrained by many rules.

Even if we were observing one of X number of alternate universes, we are stuck observing it.

This idea you have is always fun to talk about but it does not matter. We only can fly when we sleep.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
thank you for this wonderfull words :-)

dreaming? for me its a "of course" that life is a dream.

the soul? being and only kidding...

the ego? has the prison in fire

Nia

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by apaulo
When you begin to wonder, “Is this a dream?” An altered reality… a shadow of the real… you’re on your way to waking up.

I believe this is probably where I've been for quite awhile now, but I feel a little stagnant, and am interested in finding ways to further my progress towards true enlightenment.

Great post, thank you.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by FewWorldOrder]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reddupo
How do we reconnect with the "Root Mind"? Living in the now? Abolishing the ego?

In order to reconnect with the Root Mind, you must allow It to have preeminence, but first you need to know “who” the Real Ego is.

Originally posted by NW111
thank you for this wonderful words :-)

"Wonderful"… wow, thank you for the kind compliment.

Originally posted by FewWorldOrder

I believe this is probably where I've been for quite awhile now, but I feel a little stagnant, and am interested in finding ways to further my progress towards true enlightenment.

If you don’t mind me asking, what are you or have you been doing to discover enlightenment?

[edit on 11-9-2008 by apaulo]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I like your post and I think it is quite insightful. However, you make the same basic mistake tha eveyone else does. You seem to want to correlate the "soul" as being the spirit. They are two sparate creatures altogether.

The spirit is the eternal "breath of God," which animates. The "soul" is what you term the ego. The "soul" dies with the body, the spirit does not. Here is a link to a lengthy thread we had about this topic quite some time ago. Soul Vs. Spirit

Don't take offense because everyone seems to want to interrelate the two,whenin fact they are two separate things altogether.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by apaulo

If you don’t mind me asking, what are you or have you been doing to discover enlightenment?

I am trying to just sit in silence and meditate, but find it hard to clear my thoughts and, strangely, find complete silence a little uncomfortable for some reason.

Perhaps a mantra or chant or some other method might be better suited for me, I don't know.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by FewWorldOrder]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
When you find the root mind and figure out this is all just a dream of the root mind, if you're wise, you will come back to the dream and try to forget "who you are REALLY". I really don't want to get into this again. My stomach ties in knots whenever I do because everything starts to run into everything else,, and it all becomes one big meaningless light show. Why don't we all know this is a dream? I dunno. I think it would benefit people to see it as it is once or twice, but getting too obsessed with "this is just a dream. I am the root mind. I am everything." really honestly makes my evil devil lucifer wrong fake ego kind of depressed... because my horrid ego rather likes everything being what it is and figuring everything out. I sure hope the root mind creates infinite doors, because I really would be disappointed if one day I came to the end of the hall and had nothing left to figure out.

Be careful with the concept you are playing with. People have committed suicide when they've realized it, because at ab certain point.... you can't come back and play your role. "The end of knowledge", I've talked about that phrase a few times before. It means basically skipping to the end of the movie without enjoying the plot, therefore spoiling the excitement of the movie. At that point, everything becomes nostalgia...

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I like your post and I think it is quite insightful. However, you make the same basic mistake tha eveyone else does. You seem to want to correlate the "soul" as being the spirit. They are two sparate creatures altogether.

How can you define two theoretical ideas? There is not a common acceptance of what either of those two are, to a lot of people they are both "bulls***", to some people they are the same. They are not tangible, so don't treat them like apples and oranges.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

reply to post by apaulo

I am trying to just sit in silence and meditate, but find it hard to clear my thoughts and, strangely, find complete silence a little uncomfortable for some reason.

Perhaps a mantra or chant or some other method might be better suited for me, I don't know.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by FewWorldOrder]

Meditation on nothingness is nice for stress relief but in my opinion, I do not believe it will give you enlightenment. Meditation needs to be done on an insight. This single insight is a concept or idea that is completely foreign to you at the point of having it, and may not be fully understood, yet somehow you have a feeling to search upon it because it's "incredible".

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by apaulo

I tend to agree with some of what you write here. Quite possibly that dreams are a connection to a bigger universal construct. I really don't know about the Soul vs. Spirit thing since neither of them can be proven to exist, but that thread is pretty interesting as well. Where did you come up with 10 senses? AFAIK humans have only identified 5 senses, although one could argue that "perception" and "intuition" are senses... those are as much debatable as the soul or spirit. Anyways, thought provoking thread. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

I disagree, when one meditates properly, it is not on 'nothingness'. Nothingness or 'extinction' is just the closet translation we have for Nirvana. I have a friend who had a near death experience, he said 'nothing is something' and that when he experienced nothingness, it was like going home.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Thanks for the comment. I’ve had this conversation with others before, but my position remains the same. You can use whatever terminology you want, but we’re talking about the same thing. The soul is the real you. Your body and spirit will eventually perish.

Your desire to learn is the Voice of the “Root Mind” calling you… drawing you. His Voice, however, can be difficult to hear when your spirit is cluttered. You’ve heard of fasting, right? Try going on a spiritual fast, where instead of starving the flesh from food, you famish the spirit. What do you feed your spirit? Music, movies, TV, books,… anything that stimulates the senses will feed the spirit. Once you have reached a “cleansing” of the spirit, He will guide you. It may be prayer, it may be a book, but the important thing is that you listen AND follow.

Originally posted by dunwichwitch
Be careful with the concept you are playing with. People have committed suicide when they've realized it, because at ab certain point.... you can't come back and play your role.

I understand your concern, but if the lingo is asphyxiating, there are other ways to describe the same picture that are more pleasant for you. Just think of heaven as the “Real Reality.” The “Root Mind” is God.

Originally posted by mapsurfer_
Where did you come up with 10 senses? AFAIK humans have only identified 5 senses, although one could argue that "perception" and "intuition" are senses... those are as much debatable as the soul or spirit.

I as taught about the sense long ago, but faith is the Super sense of the soul. Some people call it intuition. Perception... I think that could be know as logic or reason.

I'd love to chat more, but I have to go for now...

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 420prajna
reply to post by Reddupo

I disagree, when one meditates properly, it is not on 'nothingness'. Nothingness or 'extinction' is just the closet translation we have for Nirvana. I have a friend who had a near death experience, he said 'nothing is something' and that when he experienced nothingness, it was like going home.

Perhaps, but sitting their clearing your mind wondering "am I meditating on nothing yet?" is just a waste of good energy.

Maybe that's just my experience, all my enlightening experiences were not in still mindedness but in a excited rapid plunge into thoughts.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Not to be a stick in the mud....

but...

1. sight (visual sense)

2. hearing (auditory sense)

3. smell (olfactory sense)

4. taste (gustatory sense)

5-8. touch: The skin senses

Because touch involves four different sets of nerves, the skin senses are considered four separate senses:

5. heat

6. cold

7. pressure

8. pain

9. motion (kinesthetic sense)

10. balance (vestibular sense)

There we are.... not just the five sense, ten really.....

Eleven if we use our 'sixth' sense, the intuitive essence of ourselves.
You might argue that some of the sense are the same, but it's all to do with our biological make up. Pain is a different sense than heat, as is cold as is pressure.... Yes they may overlap, but they are seperate senses.

Peace and good luck with the meditation...

Trying to clear your thoughts, pretend that they are clouds on a horizon, don't focuse on any one cloud, just imagine them sweeping away across the sky.

Peace

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I just dream, an see the odd thing, and if they connect with my dreams, then I am dreaming again, but I still see the odd thing.......... then I sleep, but I don't remember those when I am able to type......

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Not to be a stick in the mud....
but...
Because touch involves four different sets of nerves, the skin senses are considered four separate senses:
5. heat
6. cold
7. pressure
8. pain
9. motion (kinesthetic sense)
10. balance (vestibular sense)
There we are.... not just the five sense, ten really.....

Depending on the theorist you ascribe to, (I choose to be in accord with Oatley and Johnson-Laird), there are five basic emotions Anger, disgust, anxiety, happiness, sadness. Yet there are probably thousands of ways you can interpret those emotions. That doesn’t make them all different senses though.
I cannot detect heat with my sense of smell. Neither can my auditory sense detect pain.

As far as being a stick in the mud, no way...I appreciate your feedback.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Oh, off topic but I don't really thing breaking down the sense of touch into N categories based on the nerves involved has any real objective. Whether something is hot/cold/pressure/pain are all adjectives of the sense of touch. If you were to do the same with sight for example, you describe the nuances of color, shadows, etc in the same fashion. I was just curious to know how the OP came up with 10 senses, and made me think I was missing some, or science was teaching something new.

I sort of disagree with statement of faith being a super-sense of the soul. Faith is really a belief of something despite supporting evidence. I think it more of thought than a sense. I am not trying to get into a debate of syntax or definition, but when people speak of the soul or spirit, it is those terms which people classify this which are unexplainable, or supernatural, and there is nothing else to support the concept. I am not saying that spirits and souls do not exist, but there is nothing physical or tangible about them.

Dreams or unconscious thought on the other hand is another story. If for example you are dreaming it may seem real while having the experience, there is nothing tangible other than your thoughts. The brain can be fooled while unconscious to trigger senses of touch, smell, sight, etc. however those thing occur only within the dreamers realm and not otherwise observable. It really boils down to this, physical reality can be measured by others while you are snoring away... While I have a gut instinct that there is something profound with dream-state or unconscious thought (perhaps another dimension??) it isn't a shared experience and cannot be independently validated.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mapsurfer_

I sort of disagree with statement of faith being a super-sense of the soul. Faith is really a belief of something despite supporting evidence. I think it more of thought than a sense

You are absolutely right!

Yet, something has been lost in translation. You define faith as a mental assertion, I define it as power. Believing from the heart or soul is more than a mental attitude. It is more than a conviction. It is POWER.

As an example, in a dream, when I KNOW I am dreaming, that KNOWING becomes POWERFUL, and I can in turn do anything.

Believe it or not, the same is possible in this reality as well, but that is where people stumble. It is more than a hope, conviction, or belief. It is magic, for lack of a better word.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
No root mind for me. You lost me on the surface.

Are we 'dreaming'? In some sense, sure. The world can be apprehended in many different ways, and is. Imagine how it looks to a bat, or a blind cave fish, or a platypus. They all sense the world very differently from the way we do. Which of these versions is reality? Or none of them? Is reality just quantum probability fields throwng up mirages as they collapse?

We can't tell directly. Our science can probe deeper and deeper into the nature of reality, but our senses cannot follow. The way we're supposed to see, hear, smell, etc. the world is, and should be, reality. It is the world that our senses tell us we live in.

Rise and shine!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join