It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WiiFit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
This is sort of a review, I guess I just wanted to share my experience with this game in the last few days since I have started it.

I have lost 1.5 lbs already, in 3.5 days, I haven't even really changed my diet yet. This game gets 5 out of 5 stars from me. I have been at the gym regularly for the last month too and not seen results like this yet. I don't weigh myself regularly though but since I started WiiFit I feel even better!

WiiFit keeps me motivated to log on every day with how it keeps track of you. Your weight, BMI etc ...
Just tonight, I fell asleep after dinner, napped for an hour or so (lol), was SO out of it and yet I STILL got up and logged on for a good 40 minute work out.

Now granted, it's easy right now but I feel it! boy do I feel it, all throughout my body too so I take pleasure in knowing it's working me out. The pause between the exercises helps too but I still feel like I am getting a good work out. I am rackin up the unlock credits though so I look forward to what's coming, which I guess is a big part of why I look forward to it logging in to it like I do.

I have been doing yoga, strength exercises - which are not as easy as they look! lol I have never done yoga before but am pretty good already. it is hard though and the strength training will have you workin up a sweat.

The balance games and aerobics are fun! Even still, it's not as easy as it sounds having to balance your core and all.

I just wish they had a warm up/cool down bit to accompany the work outs, but that is no mean feat to do on your own accord.

I might just still be enamored with this concept right now but I can see myself utilizing this now that I have it

So yeah, If you're thinking of trying it, get it! I am loving it.

Anybody else get this yet ? Any thoughts ?

[edit on 10-9-2008 by ImJaded]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I like it.

My mother-in-law bought it for her son and I've used it a few times and it really is a lot of fun. When you do some of the exercises and strength training, it will really give you a good sweat regardless of your fitness level. In the last two months I've began to weight train five times a week and do a 5k run at least three times a week, so my cardio level has been steadily climbing. But the WiiFit still busts out a sweat when you put the effort into it.

The games are a lot of fun and the exercises are challenging.

The Yoga though.. not my thing. Yoga reminds you that no matter how hard you train, you still have a lot of muscles left unaccounted for. It's painful!

I also liked seeing where my center of balance was. I was way off and I found it really hard to center myself.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by chissler]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Thanks for your reply chissler

I agree, I think it's great that there is something for everyone and I am eager to unlock more exercises now.

You're right, the yoga exercises are no joke! I am soooo sore today from doing all of the ones I have unlocked so far last night haha but I am getting good

It actually told me to take a break

P.S I just got back from a doc appt and he was very impressed to hear that this game motivates me the way it does and I am exercising regularly and that it also seems to be working - in total over the last month I have lost 2 kilo's which is 4.4 lbs which he told me is a very healthy start to losing some of the extra weight I am carrying

I'll definitely keep this up and start working on sorting out my diet next.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I picked up my Wii Fit today.

I just have to wait for the wife to get home, before playing... :shk:
Yes, she would be upset with me...

It's going to be a great weekend, football, wii fit, me and wife gettin in shape... woo hoo.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I need to start saving my pennies for one.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Im also a big fan!!! when i first got it i was on it so much it told me to stop!!...... i hate going to the gym and dont like working out at all, but this is real fun, and even my son enjoys it too!...... wouldnt a wiifit party be cool!!

[edit on 20-9-2008 by cosmicstorm]

top topics

join