It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newbie has arrived

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Hello everone. I come to spread my thoughts and ideas, much like many of you. I'm not new to the site, but hav't have an internet connection in a while. This is the forum that brought me here many years ago, so thought my first post should be here. There, mission statement over. I'm an avid watcher of the sky and stars, and am a firm believer in other lifeforms. I've witnessed a fue night sightings, one more vivid than the other.
First I would like to set up my questions for the thread.
My most vivid experience was after the Super Bowl were the Pats beat the Seahawks, 03-04' I think. Driving to college in the early AM through the Aroostock couunty of Maine. I'll try to paint a picture, 1:30 in the morning and the only thing you can see is trees. My roomate and I are listening to the radio and having small talk. About a half hour into the drive I notice a light above the tree line. I 95 is very straight and that part of the state there was no towns for miles, only townships. Just another plane I thought, or a planet. But allways looking for odd things in the sky I watched it.
It was motionless for quite awhile, I couldn't say how timewise how long we noticed this. I can tell you that is was a fue miles, 5 or more the we saw this. We both looked at each other puzzled why we weren't getting closer to it. At 70-75mph it seemed odd that this light was getting brighter but didn't seem closer. Well a long time passed and we noticed it getting closer to us. We started to get alittle nurvous, but very excited. I told my roomate to slow down, I needed to see if this was a plane. As were were coming up to it, it was on my side of the highway, I could see thit was a dark object with a light on the front of it. Yeh a plane I thought, but no noise no movement, just hovering there about the trees. I wanted to pull over and check it out, the roomate was freaked out. We slowed to about 5-10mph slow enough to know what I was looking at. I would guess it was about 10-15 feet above the treetops with that hugh light on the end of it. Not a blinding light, very white and easy to look at. It wasn't a beam or a flood type light. It was very black, triangular in shape but the back was angled inward. So it had three outward tips and an inward tip. Couldn't tell the thickness but could see the outline verywell. About 40 feet wide and 30 feet in length. The back end had four lights, green, blue, red, and white. The were glowing not in any pattern but would seemend to be at the three points. I wish to this day we had stopped to see what it was doing in the middle of nowere. That light in front was very odd shining into the darkness. There were no other cars on either N or S on I95, saw maybe five cars the whole way.So as far as I know no body else saw this besides us. The object did not move the whole time were drove by it. In a way who knows what would of happened if we stopped.

I have seen drawings of these types of shapes, but very rarerly do you see a single light in front of one.
Has anyone here seen similar objects? Or have any ideas what it could of been doing? Looking for? Could it have been "brain scanning" any passing motorist? Maybe it wanted us to stop? Could I have just thought we kept driving? Could such a light be for abductions of body or mind? Or just a UFO studing trees? I dunno, what do you guys think.
Well theres my story and some questions. I'm glad to have seen it, I feel very fortunate to have. So I hope to get some replys to my questions and first thread. I say hello to everyone and will say, someday, very shortly, all our questions will be ansered. Peace

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Welcome aboard, but let me warn you.

ATS can be like crack coc aine. It can ruin you life.

Post wisely and keep a tight schedule and don't take what everyone says too seriously.

Once again welcome.

With love,

'___'eed.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Welcome back to the board!

Very vivid description of the lights and "vehicle" you observed. Once something unexplainable, yet undeniable happens it is virtually impossible to turn back, isn't it!

Nice to "meet" you, hope to see you around the forums.

IA

join