It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. McDermott Signs On To Impeachment Resolution!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Rep. McDermott Signs On To Impeachment Resolution!

rawstory.com

Congressman Jim McDermott, representing Washington's 7th district, stood up on the House floor to give his official support to efforts to impeach President Bush.

Video and transcript of his remarks appear below. The video was broadcast on C-SPAN on the morning of September 9, 2008.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
FINALLY somebody besides Kucinich grows a pair and doesn't just keep going along with the daily status-quo unaccountability and lawlessness.

Now whether anything will actually come of this, I think most of us have lost hope by now, but it's a step in the right direction to see ANYONE in this total cesspool of criminality stand up and say "enough".

This guy gets kudos from me for that alone.

Mr. Speaker:

For the last two years I've struggled with the issue of whether the House should impeach a sitting President. Next to declaring war, impeachment is the gravest matter the House of Representatives must consider. I fully understand the gut-wrenching consequences such a national debate could precipitate. Yet, there is one fact we cannot overlook or escape: American cannot regain its moral leadership in the world if America cannot hold its leaders accountable for their actions at home.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Bravo to what he said and is doing!

However...and I'm being totally honest with you right now:

It seems like bread crumbs. But I am so desperate to see something--anything--happen to the Bush admin. that I will gladly take those bread crumbs and issue a sigh of relief that it isn't just me that thinks there was a lot of terrible going on, and something needs to be done to make it right again.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Just more proof of why congress has a lower approval rating than the president because it is full of fools.

Don't the dems want to win the presidential election? Don't they need every vote they can get to do it with Palin out there cutting them to ribbons? And don't they also need many of the republican voters to just stay home on election day?

Well, McDermott joins Kucinich in just not getting it - light are on, but nobody's home.

What, you say?

Nothing will energize the republicans more than a 'get even for Bill Clinton' impeachment, and that's just how they'll all see it. It will all but guarantee a McCain victory in November if these fools keep pushing this. So, you say you are desperate to get Bush? Desperate to end up with another 4 or 8 years of Republican presidents in order to even try? I wonder ...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
We can only hope this impeachment goes through.

Whether or not it happens, there are no statutes of limitation on murder, treason, and warcrimes.

I'm sure if a big enough gun were to be pointed at Paraguay, Dubai, etc. they'll change their policies regarding their extradition treaties.

As for the reps. vs dems. comments...

criminal red vs criminal blue.

join