It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Finds in Google Earth Sky View

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Ok, got the pictures up now so you don't need Google Earth. However, I cannot find the sources where I heard this information so you may have to do you're own digging if I can't come up with them.

Alright, I began doing research into alternative topic news awhile back and one of the first things I learned about was planet X or Nibiru. During this time I found one page that mentioned that this planet would be around the constellation Orion. While searching on Google Earth in sky view I discovered this black rectangular patch that looks as though a censored bar was placed in space. Could this be a simple lack of a photograph or a cover up? Who's to say right? you can find it at these coordinates:
RA 5h53m49.77s Dec -6degrees02'03.03" it is just a little south west of the Horsehead Nebula and Orion’s Belt.

Also, I believe I read on one of the threads here about something interesting going on in the sky around the star Arcturus. In sky view once again I decided to check it out, and now I would like to know what anyone else thinks. It's a red rectangle in space but unlike the empty black one, this one is transparent as you can see stars behind it. you can find it here:
RA 14h00m51.31s Dec 17degrees 42'19.93" It is just East of the star Arcturus and the constellation Bootes.

us.f13.yahoofs.com...

Let me know any thoughts/insights.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by johnnytexas]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
You have anything for those of us without Google Sky to chew on?
Preferably a few screen shots maybe? You can get them by hitting the print screen button on the far right of your keyboard between the F12 and Scroll Lock keys.
Edit: I wanted to say that I had seen that you didn't have picks, but print screen works for most cases. Then just open a paint program and paste, Not sure what the differences are in MAC.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by RuneSpider]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Google Earth is a free download and it comes with the sky view feature.

download here

as soon as my fiance comes back with the camera I'll post pictures.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by johnnytexas

Yeah, I know it's free mate, but I can't download it onto this computer thingamajig.
As for the camera, on a IBM computr, which is the majority of the market, you can use print screen. Then open a paint program, and paste. Save the file, then upload it to phobucket.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by johnnytexas

I just tried both those links and got 'page not found'. Can you fix the links or someone post a picture? I'm in work so can't download Google Earth. Thanks.

top topics

join