It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global warming, a misunderstanding?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Well according to this article it is.

www.dailytech.com...

Personally, i think scientists haven't been intending to mislead us, they were just misinformed and hadn't done enough research up until now. Ofc the politicians will always try to find a way to exploit the public by adopting new '' green taxes '' and things of such nature.

But hey, i guess the benefit of the public thinking we have a global warming crisis is the fact we are using less resources up, saving rain forests and we are more concerned in general now about nature which is a definite plus side.

Though, this could of course, be a stunt, just to say.. '' HEY Guys, its ok that we are taking all the oil from the arctic ''..

Who knows, but i enjoyed reading this article, its a change from reading '' END OF THE WORLD GUYS '' threads lately.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by shujinko90]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Yeah, this is a nice change, thank you for posting it!

I realize (as I assume you do) that it is a blog, but it is put together pretty well and scattered with references to back up the claims. Beware, however, because the fact it is a blog will be the first volley out of those who seem to crave global disaster at the hands of the evil West/Republicans/OIl Tycoons/whoever is in vogue as the evil one today.

As to the scientists, I have no doubt that many were simply following the lead of so much publicized data. But I would hazard to state that many more were actually paid (or threatened financially) to get the results the politicians wanted. And it's not over yet! There will be more volleys of cries for Gaia's allergy to CO2.
It's up to those who are brave enough to do so to stand up and refute them.

Great find!

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Wish it were possible to award you ten or more stars, Redneck

Oh, and there were dozens, hundreds of scientists who attempted to combat the media-trumped 'global warming' .. but they were silenced, threatened, discredited, dismissed, ignored, etc. And many of those honest, ethical scientists were/are Australian.

new topics

join