It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banned in America: Proof of Fake Moonlanding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I came accross this video on youtube and found it quite amazing. Its nothing i have ever seen before regarding the moon landing. You have to watch it to believe it. It is raw footage. Not used for broadcast.

Especially look out for the "astronaut" moving in front of the camera when it is claimed the camera is right up against the glass.

This really intrigues me as it is not something that i have ever seen mentioned or considered when discussing the moon landing.

Hope you enjoy!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Briles

Though interesting, this has been debunked.

When you compare a screenshot of the supposedly 'sculpted' image of the Earth with an actual shot of the Earth from the same angle, they match pretty well.

That clip got me going to when I first saw it, but, alas, it's not proof.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
An interesting tidbit to a horse that has already been beaten to death here more than once (Actually nothing left of it but dust - moon dust in this case). Still not the smoking gun that some of us seek regarding this particular argument. It does make you think though.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
ahhhh ok thanks didnt realise it had been discussed, ye really thought it was interesting, could you possibly post the link to the thread this was discussed in so i can see what peoples thoughts were?

Thanks

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Briles

I wish I could, but it's in one of those ultra-long 'Moon hoax' threads, I think. It might have been the one entitled 'An end to the hoax' or something like that.

(BTW did you know the image in your avatar had been debunked, also?

It was created using an image of a regular person in the early 90s by an application called 'Kai's Power Goo'. Here's a post I made about that:
www.abovetopsecret.com... )

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful on linking you up.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
reply to post by Briles

Though interesting, this has been debunked.

When you compare a screenshot of the supposedly 'sculpted' image of the Earth with an actual shot of the Earth from the same angle, they match pretty well.

That clip got me going to when I first saw it, but, alas, it's not proof.

is that the picture that debunked it?

Because the only similarities in those two pictures are a similar V cloud formation :/

Bigmoose

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bigmoose

It's not a perfect match but there are two or three strong similarities, such that it would be highly improbable of finding such formations in a 'sculpted' version.

As the story went, the allegation was that they were in LEO and they used the 'round shape' of a porthole, and/or a cardboard cutout to mask off the Earth, which would have nearly been filling the porthole, to create a small, rounded disk/globe about the size of the Earth from half-way to the Moon.

Now, I'm not saying that this image -proves- that the initial allegations are misinterpreted and that's not what the crew was doing. I must say that video seemed confusing and even suspicious.

So let's just say this image moves the hoax allegation from 'proved' to merely 'confusing additional inference', or something like that.

With this and with the debunking of the two shots of the Astronauts from Apollo 16 allegedly shot on different days (but showing the same foreground), the biggest two pillars of the hoax camp collapsed.

Though stated in the narration as two different excursions, these images were actually taken on the same mission, but the production company which made the documentary did, indeed, screw up the footage, placing them erroneously, on two separate days and locations. (there's a youtube vid which explains this and uses comments from the transcript to verify it). According to them, the Moon Hoax video producers -knew- that this was a production mistake, but kept viewers in the dark about that. (this hasn't been proven).

HTH.

[edit on 8/9/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

The Earth has a similar weather pattern in a shot from the moon in AS17-137-20960. Zoom in on the Earth. Weird.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
hehe i was aware of my avatar being debunked i just thought it looked cool
Thanks for the info though!

top topics

join