It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother tosses children to safety

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Mother tosses children to safety

www.wishtv.com

An eyewitness told 24-Hour News 8 photographer Dave Browning he was driving by the apartments on his way to work when he noticed the flames and a woman at a third floor window screaming for help to rescue her babies.

The man stopped and helped catch the six children as the mother tossed them to good samaritans standing below. The ages of the children are 13, 11, 8, 4, 4, & 23 months. None of the children were injured.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I had to post this story.

This is in a "not so favorable" part of Indianapolis where, unfortunately, there is way too much crime and it seems that every other day, literally, the news covers a story on a shooting or drugs, or worse on that side of town. It just gets old...and sad.

But today I caught this story on the news and it just made me feel good. Someone passing by saw the fire and a bunch of kids hanging out of their 3rd story apartment window. He stops and along with the neighbors were able to get the kids to safety. The mom was rescued by the fire dept.

It was just nice to see something positive for a change and those neighbors coming together. I hate that they lost everything, but six beautiful children are safe.

Rush

www.wishtv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
How do you catch a 13 year old child from a 3rd floor window? I'd like to see a video of that one. Maybe they just broke some of the children's fall?

Either way, it's nice to see a report of something less than appalling happen.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

Hi ben. Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. By the time the fire dept. got there the kids were all out. I'll watch the coverage tonight and post any video they may have.

Rush

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

I was going to ask the same thing.

"Anyone got five people and a blanket?"

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Looks like one of the children, a 4 yr. old, may have started the fire. They were all very lucky.

And of course the other top story of the evening is in that area, a body found in a trash can. UG.

Rush

new topics

top topics

join