It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morals & Dogma - Pt.1

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I've tried reading M&D but I spend half my team looking up the many exotic words through out the book.
But I will tell you this, when I do actaully understand a paragraph it is very interesting =P

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I HAVE READ MOST OF THAT BOOK A BRIDGE TO LIGHT YOU SPOKE OF. IT SEEMS TO AT LEAST POINT THE WAY TO QUABBALISM AND MANY OTHER OCCULT PERSONS ARE MENTIONED.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe
I HAVE READ MOST OF THAT BOOK A BRIDGE TO LIGHT YOU SPOKE OF. IT SEEMS TO AT LEAST POINT THE WAY TO QUABBALISM AND MANY OTHER OCCULT PERSONS ARE MENTIONED.

It does, but IMO, not enough. Bro. Hutchens scratches the surface of the Kabbalah, but doesn't go into the great detail that Pike did. "A Bridge To Light" is a good book, but was intended to be an introduction to "Morals and Dogma"; unfortunately, many Masons have turned it into a substitute for it.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I just ordered a copy of Morals and Dogma. I'm going to finish reading A Bridge To Light while its on the way. I suppose one could read the rest of his life and never know what its truely like if he doesn't join. Like studying music and never picking up an instrument.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
"Like studying music and never picking up an instrument."

What musical instrument requires it's player to join for life, and swear not to reveal the secrets of said instument without knowing what those secrets are?

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Well in a since Researcher a musical instrument will make you a slave for life if you will achieve any greatness. If you don't practice your skills diminish rapidly same as lifting weights your strenth goes down with quickness.

The Russian pianist Evander Horrowitz practiced two hours a day to keep his talent up even into his eighties. Anything in life worthwhile will make a slave out of you till you hit the clay. But, I see your point, someone said on the TV the other day who was said to be in the Mafia,(in a New Youk accent)"Once yu in the Mafia yu always in the Mafia. The only way out is to die or be killed".

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I found Morals and Dogma to be quite concise in its depiction of Freemasonry�s philosophy, objectives and religion (Freemasonry is not �a� religion, it IS religion.�
I also found that most people (Freemasons) who claim to have read it haven�t.

It is always available from Kessinger Press for about US$30 a volume
Volume 1: Degrees 1 to 27 (ISBN 0-7661-2615-3)
Volume 2: Degrees 28 to 32 (ISBN 0-7661-2616-1)

It is always in print and was originally intended (and some say still is) to be presented to 32nd Degree Freemasons on completion of the Scottish Rite so that they could compare their understanding of the rituals to that of the Supreme Grand Master himself.
The suggestion that it is �incomplete� is only in reference to the unfinished appendix/index and is even stated as such in the foreword.

An almost mandatory accompaniment is Charles T McClenachan�s Book of the Ancient Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry (ISBN 0-7661-5703-2), which is a condensed tome of the all the Higher Degree rituals of Freemasonry 4th-33rd, plus funerals, baptisms, inauguration of temples etc. It is a print on demand book that is generally only printed at the request of the Super-Wizard types but when it is in print if you are quick you can get yourself a copy like I did last year.

If you have trouble with the big words and references to ancient mystic civilizations and religions then just make notes and read around it and use the appendix to find relevant cross references, or hit www.Google.com

It is the difficult pill to swallow for Freemasons � it was only due to the publishing of their secrets to paper by Albert Pike and his compatriots worldwide that allowed the cult to grow, but inevitably it is also the Achilles heel of Freemasonry in that any Cowan, Profane or Anti can obtain copies and read or publish them.

The extraordinary events that surrounded my purchase and reading of M&D would seem a fantastic delusion to anyone who has not had the misfortune of being labeled an Anti for the crime of refusing to join a Lodge of Perfection, not once but 3 times.
In advance of the declaration that no-one is ever coerced or forced to join a Lodge � �Bull#.�

But anyway if you want to have lots of Freemasons for the next 6-12 months stopping you in the to street with their childish role-plays to test you on your �mis-interpretations� (of course, Only a Mason can truly understand these works and only after many years of study and selfless devotion to the cult�I mean cause.)
Contact your favorite bookstore today.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Thanks for the additional reading suggestions. Pike had some awsome intellect didnt he, unbelievable. I find the study absolutlely exilarating. I believe I understood correctly after quickly googleing, the Lodge of Perfection is the 4th through14th degree?? Are you saying you refuse to go farther than the 3rd degree? Why would you decline sir? I know two respectable 32 degree Masons one even got his children involved at a very young age, now they are both young adults doing well for themselves. I found out the other day my grandfather was a mason. I have no idea what degree he was , I wish there was some way of finding out. He lived far away most of his life so I barely new him. As for Pike, anyone who would sit on a wooden phallus in the woods with a bunch of women can't be all bad can he?

[Edited on 24-4-2004 by TgSoe]

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
First and foremost are you a Freemason (you obviously are) and what Degree have you attained?

In short I point blank refused to join what was very obviously an organised crime syndicate posing as a spiritual movement.
I think what gave it away was the fact that they have to drug you up with Rohipnol as part of the "Assessment Process" was a bit of a give away.

Despite what you *may* have been led to believe, not everyone starts at the first Degree, in fact it is highly unlikely that you will ever progress past the 18th (Knight Rose Croix) if you do.

I was like most people who are deemed to have "Leadership" qualities and was destined to begin the climb up the pyramid from the 4th Degree - it was intended that I should complete the first 3 degrees in a week or so for reference purposes.
This is how the cult has always functioned, as described in McClenachan's book and other references, membership to a Symbolic or Blue Lodge is optional but recommended for a Lodge of Perfection as well as the higher Degrees pro rata.
I assure you that The Duke of Kent did not start out as an Entered Apprentice.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I'm not a Mason yet. I have been seriously considering applying for some time now and studying vigourosly to learn more about it. Isn't that drug the same drug as the date rape drug?

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I don't know how to put this to you, but you claim to actually know two 32nd Degree Freemasons, which is roughly akin to saying you know 2 members of the British Royal family.
Of all the Freemasons I know, I don't know anyone personally who holds a degree above Prince of Jeruselem (16th Degree) although I believe that the CEO of our company is a Knight Rose Croix (18th Degree).
The number of officers holding Degrees 28 and higher are strictly and numerically controlled by the Grand Lodges, there are only 200 or so officers of this rank in the whole of the USA as far as I'm aware.

Put bluntly, I think you are "roleplaying"

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrNECROS
...I think what gave it away was the fact that they have to drug you up with Rohipnol as part of the "Assessment Process"...

That's the first time I've that load of bulldookie
I don't drink, smoke or do drugs and would not have attainted the 32� if that's what I had to do to get it

Despite what you *may* have been led to believe, not everyone starts at the first Degree, in fact it is highly unlikely that you will ever progress past the 18th (Knight Rose Croix) if you do...
I was like most people who are deemed to have "Leadership" qualities and was destined to begin the climb up the pyramid from the 4th Degree - it was intended that I should complete the first 3 degrees in a week or so for reference purposes.
This is how the cult has always functioned, as described in McClenachan's book and other references, membership to a Symbolic or Blue Lodge is optional but recommended for a Lodge of Perfection as well as the higher Degrees pro rata.
I assure you that The Duke of Kent did not start out as an Entered Apprentice.

Sorry to disappoint you but here in the States EVERY MAN starts out as an entered apprentice and must, in fact, go through the first three degrees before going on to the Scottish Rite or York Rite degrees. Here in the Scottish Rite Valley of San Bernardino we just finished conferring the 4� through 32� in a Friday night and Saturday. It is obvious from your posting that you have read just enough to make it look like you may know something of Masonry, but to the Mason's here on the board we know better.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Solomon is correct. In the US, roughly half of all Masons hold the 32� in the Scottish Rite. The other half could receive those degrees if they wanted them. I have been a 32� Mason since my early 20's.
The Duke of Kent, like all men, began his Masonic journey as an Apprentice.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Put bluntly, I think you are "roleplaying"

Thanks for the new word. Roleplaying- putting words out there to see how someone reacts to it. Thats not me man I'm just trying to learn more about an interesting subject like everyone else.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join