It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chimera -

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
A Chimera is a mythological creature – its part lion, part goat and part serpent. But when you’re talking about biology it means something completely different specifically human biology.

Most Christians believe that the soul is created at the point of conception. The moment the sperm hits the egg and a full strand of human DNA is created, then it becomes a human soul which can be saved or damned.

A Chimera when talking about human biology is actually used to describe the very rare event where two fertilized eggs that would normally grow into fraternal twins, actually meet and merge to grow into one human – they don’t have multiple personally disorders, they don’t have two minds or anything like that, but they do have two completely different strands of DNA that merge them into one human being.

It’s a very rare event but it does happen and it raises in interesting question because if the soul was created at fertilization, as soon as the egg was fertilized, then you had two souls merge into one and turn into just one human.

So does that one person have two souls?

And what about identical twins – you have one soul created at fertilization and then that egg splits into two human beings. Does each human have half a soul?

And in the case of the chimera – where does the second soul go and in the case of the identical twin, where does the second soul come from?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I don't know about Chimeras but I have sisters that are identical twins. It seems to me that they are good and bad. One is really mean and the other is really nice.

They really don't look much alike to me though. My mother loved them better than me so I do have issues about it.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
Most Christians believe that the soul is created at the point of conception. The moment the sperm hits the egg and a full strand of human DNA is created, then it becomes a human soul which can be saved or damned.

of course this is all assuming this point is true.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
very interesting! but, if you believe in an immortal soul, and god, then i guess you would have to assume that he knows what he is doing in regards to these extra souls. i think maybe he just brings them back to himself.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   

of course this is all assuming this point is true.

Which of course it is....do you believe otherwise?

[edit on 10-9-2008 by andre18]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

Hey... I believe Science says this is true.

The stork theory was thrown out a long time ago...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Wow great thought here.... this one really has me thinking!! thanks for the thought!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
is the soul DNA?

the bible says adam became a soul (not given one)

ezekial says a soul can die.

but then in matthew it says to fear god who can kill the body and the soul.

soul is a metaphor for you. it is you, not this separate spiritual energy. it cannot exist without the body.

hence from dust adam was and to dust he returned.

is a chimera one or 2 people?

is there one or 2 personalities?

DNA is not the soul, the person is the soul.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

is a chimera one or 2 people?

A chimera is one person with two different strands of DNA

is there one or 2 personalities?

It’s like you didn’t even read the op at all….”they don’t have multiple personally disorders, they don’t have two minds or anything like that”

Still waiting for you (or anyone else) to address the question - where does the second soul go and in the case of the identical twin, where does the second soul come from?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

It’s like you didn’t even read the op at all….”they don’t have multiple personally disorders, they don’t have two minds or anything like that”

Still waiting for you (or anyone else) to address the question - where does the second soul go and in the case of the identical twin, where does the second soul come from?

again, why would you conclude that DNA is a soul?

your assuming there is a second soul

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I never said DNA was the soul, I don’t know where you’re getting that from…

your assuming there is a second soul

There must be two souls. Two fertilized eggs – that’s two souls, merge into one human – that’s one human with two souls……So what happens to the second soul? Where does it go?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
I never said DNA was the soul, I don’t know where you’re getting that from…

for your OP

¨Most Christians believe that the soul is created at the point of conception. The moment the sperm hits the egg and a full strand of human DNA is created, then it becomes a human soul which can be saved or damned. ¨

There must be two souls. Two fertilized eggs – that’s two souls, merge into one human – that’s one human with two souls……So what happens to the second soul? Where does it go?

not necessarily...

bible says the day of ones death is better than the day of ones birth. you have a reputation, a record with god if you will, that is lacking the day you are born.

if a chimera is 2 separate persons, then there would be a conflict of decision which there isnt. this could be for 2 reasons, either there is only one soul, or the second soul died. (conjoined twins sometimes are inside the body of their surviving sibling)

either way, there isnt really a conflict is there?

if its one soul, then its one person.

if its 2, then the dead soul would be the same as say, a miscarried fetus.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

but they do have two completely different strands of DNA

But both eggs came from the same mother right? So how could those strands be completely different.

Anyways, I think the soul enters the body at birth. It's kinda logical, your soul leaves your body when you die.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I have identical twins so I'll take this one. I wondered about that very thing when they were just born.

I beleive that every soul contains every personality trait, but different elements come in different people, because of a combination of nature and nurture and plain chance.

I tossed about the idea that in the case of identical siblings, you might have a soul that it split between the two or more different people.

So, the personality traits that do not go into Twin A are manifested in Twin B; they are actually one soul, but each of them exhibit a different part of that soul.

I have no way to prove this, but I hope that makes sense.

new topics

top topics

join