It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bushmeat Sparks Fears of New AIDS-Type Virus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
To lazy to put this on atsnn. Feel free to rip and make.

""We're showing that these retroviruses are regularly crossing into humans," Wolfe, who reported the findings in The Lancet medical journal, said in an interview.

from the article:
"Transmission of retroviruses to humans is not limited to a few isolated occurrences which led to HIV. This is a regularly occurring phenomena," he added.

Scientists know from historical evidence that these types of viruses have the potential to cause a pandemic. HIV is thought to have been transmitted in a very similar way. "

story.news.yahoo.com.../nm/20040319/hl_nm/health_bushmeat_dc_1

Q

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I just don't get this whole "bushmeat" thing. Why on earth would anyone want to eat a monkey?
With all the BSE concerns recently, I would think it's become painfully clear that eating things that share big portions of your DNA is not healthy! I know, I know--most of these people have never even heard of BSE...but you'd think the ebola would have been enough to convince them to stay away! Save a monkey--eat a hippo.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I know this is off topic, but...

You see that! Obviously another liberal, Jew run media attack at Bush. I mean, pretty soon they will run the story with the headline "Bushmeat Sparks New Aids-Type Virus". Then next week, it will be "Bush Sparks New Aids-Type Virus". And then them seven Hebrew Bankers, who control the world's money supply, can rejoice at the success of their attack on that Compassionate Conservative.

Had to do it.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   
for a rant how about this one;

that one couple that hated each other but slept together because the neighbors house looked nicer than theirs...

but how can eating monkey a very intelligent animal; which probably consumes very intelligently cause these "retroviruses"?

i could see more viruses being caused by malcontent than by finger pointing and namecalling; opps thats a double negative: i guess the only thing that creates is? i dunno didn't pay too much attention to others in math class...

but about your

"You see that! Obviously another liberal, Jew run media attack at Bush. I mean, pretty soon they will run the story with the headline "Bushmeat Sparks New Aids-Type Virus". Then next week, it will be "Bush Sparks New Aids-Type Virus". And then them seven Hebrew Bankers, who control the world's money supply, can rejoice at the success of their attack on that Compassionate Conservative."

what do you think of the flu program that was attemptdly initiated by the guy you were referring?does this increase or decrease contaminants?

but i can see how retro viruses are crossing into humans if they are physically becoming more denser and less spiritual; "falling from grace"...

new topics

top topics

join