It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin speech causing lifetime republicans to bail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I am an investment advisor. Four of my wealthiest clients today said that they were no longer voting Republican, even though they have been staunch republicans all of their adult lives. This makes me happy although I find it very surprising as they are all pretty racist. That is how much they hate what Palin had to say last night. They said she reminded them of the loud mouthed Gore democrats.

This does not bide well for Mcsame at all. If he loses this faction he will have little left in the way of support.

Anyone else hearing the same thing from staunch Republicans?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I think you all are dreaming of something that will not happen. It's more like Republicans & Democrats will vote for them. McCain & Palin will be the next President & Vice President of the United States. Write this down and tell me I'm wrong come November.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by disgustedbyhumanity

nope, all i am hearing from "staunch" republicans is "woohoo!! we have a real conservative on the ticket now!!!"

and believe me, I know more Republicans than you do (considering you are a liberal and hang out with other liberals)

btw: i say this thread is a hoax, no way to prove it but a HOAX none the less.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I too agree I'm thinking Mc Cain was picked long ago to be president,seems like the campaigning is a farce anymore

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom
[btw: i say this thread is a hoax, no way to prove it but a HOAX none the less.

So do I. The OP sounds like one of those Democraticunderground writers.
The Republican base is very happy with Gov. Palin.
She preaches EXACTLY what the GOP believes.
I don't believe 'lifetime republicans are bailing'.

Besides, no matter who the GOP has on their ticket - one look at Obama would make them go screaming back to the GOP.

[edit on 9/4/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

That's not what I'm hearing. Far from it, in fact.

But lets realize one thing: you're always going to have a few who don't vote with the party in every election cycle. Bush got 11% of the Democratic vote in both 2000 and 2004, if you believe CNN's exit polls. No one ever locks up 100% of their party and there will always be a few who decide to break ranks for whatever reason. Sometimes, indeed, it happens with lifelong party members.

I

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Among my female colleagues and a lot of them are GOP; not one of them is
going to vote for McCain/Palin. Why? Even most Republican women deep down are pro choice; especially when it comes to incest and rape. Palin just sunk the GOPs chances with her stance on no abortion even with incest or rape. Now she may flip flop on this issue and that won't help much; the damage has already been done.

Also a lot of my more Conservative men friends think this is just nutz.

And my dear old conservative, Republican, Texan, Baptist mother thinks
that McCain is creepy and a lier. Her reasoning is "watch his eyes, he's blinky when he's lying" She know's liers. I could never fool her when I was a kid.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I've heard nothing but the opposite. The people I know are thrilled with Palin and are voting for this ticket because of her.

I don't know anyone who didn't love her speech last night.

I have to say by the way, that this smells like a cheap attempt to calm the storm created by Palin.

People are going to vote for this ticket in droves. Obama is finished.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I had been wondering why if McCain wanted a woman for VP why he did not pick Kay Bailey Hutchison the 3 term Senator from Texas as his running mate. She certainly has more political experience than Palin and she will help pull in the Texas vote for McCain.

I guess since McCain has zero executive experience he did not want to have another Senator for VP again with zero executive experience added to his ticket. Zero + Zero = Zero, so he went with Palin even though she has only a few years of executive experience under her belt it still beats a zero hands down. Also if you look at Hutchinson and Palin side by side the latter easier to look at.

[edit on 9/4/2008 by UFOTECH]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Four of my wealthiest clients today said that they were no longer voting Republican

I have figured it out now.

These are the Rockefeller Republicans. The kind of Republicans who are for out of control spending and increased taxes. These aren't the kind of people who would vote for McCain and Palin.

Quite honestly, I say good riddance. I'm sure the Democrats could use their help.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOTECH

I like KBH and mentioned her as a strong possibility a few days ago, but at the same time, she had previously indicated that she had no interested in the role of VP. I thought it may have been a ruse, but in retrospect, its doubtful.

Article

During an interview on MSNBC, Hutchison said, “I don’t want to be vice president. I’ve said that over and over again. I’m going in a different direction. I really do not want to be vice president.”

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

I call BS. You use the word "McSame" wyhich indicates a bias on your part. That bias tells me you are most likely to make up facts to the contrary of reality. I detect a hint of sour followed by grapes.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I won't go so far as to call this a hoax but I am 99.99% conviced that it is an exaggeration. Granted, there may be ONE of your clients that made those comments, but certainly NOT four and NO WAY were they the wealthiest ... unless you are an investment advisor whose wealthiest clients have very little net worth, few - if any investments, no trust funds set up for their children/grandchildren, nothing of any monetary worth they want to pass on to future generations, etc.

With Obama's plan to increase capital gains taxes and the death tax, the majority of the 'wealthy' people are very nervous about an Obama win.

I hope that you will at least admit that you did not hear this from FOUR of your 'wealthiest' clients.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I am biased toward obama but I am a long time independent.

What I posted in the OP is absoultely true. I didn't expect these folks to change their opinions, but they did. I could really care less how many of you believe me, but these are rich republicans bailing on the party. About time i say.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I am an investment advisor. Four of my wealthiest clients today said that they were no longer voting Republican, even though they have been staunch republicans all of their adult lives. This makes me happy although I find it very surprising as they are all pretty racist. That is how much they hate what Palin had to say last night. They said she reminded them of the loud mouthed Gore democrats.

This does not bide well for Mcsame at all. If he loses this faction he will have little left in the way of support.

So, there's no other source for this sweeping statement other than yourself... Obviously a credible source, and the McCain campaign should start getting worried. Not!

top topics

join