It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STS-125: The last manned mission to Hubble

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
On October 8th the space shuttle Atlantis will (hopefully) launch on the last manned mission to upgrade the Hubble Space Telescope. It's almost sad because both the space shuttle and the telescope are coming to the end of their lives. Still,

Here's a little bit about the mission.

There are some awesome pics on this link:

Preparing to rescue Hubble.

Here's a YouTube presentation of the flight:

Hubble service mission.

From what I've gathered this is the last manned mission to Hubble but there will be one more. A rocket will be sent up that will attach to the end of the telescope and guide it back to Earth, where it will burn up over the ocean.

Here is a link to just a few of the pictures it's taken over the years:

Pictures from Hubble.

Love and light my friends,

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Hi mrwupy. I am excited about this mission. Hubble has surpassed all expectations and it still has much to offer.

Just to update, the STS125 service misison has been delayed until October 10, 2008. But because it is such an active hurricane/tropical storm season in the Atlantic I wouldn't be surprised if it gets delayed longer.

Storms Delay Shuttle Missions to Hubble, Space Station

Rush

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I expect the mission to be delayed even further. Hurricanes are forming like Boxcars out in the Atlantic right now.

Still, I look forward to the mission when it finally gets the go. It should be an interesting one..

wupy

new topics

join