It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democracy Now's Amy Goodman arrested at RNC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

St. Paul, Minn. — Democracy Now! host Amy Goodman and two of her staffers were among the more than 280 people arrested yesterday during the RNC protests.

Denis Moynihan of Free Speech TV says Goodman's videographers were filming riot police clashing with protestors at 9th and Jackson street when they were arrested.

Goodman was taken when she tried to intervene.

"We're working under deadline, under a lot of pressure and they were simply snatched off the street, roughly," Moynihan said.

All three were released Monday night. Two other members of the crew are still detained.

According to the program's web site, Goodman was charged with obstruction of a legal process; the other two face felony riot charges.

WOW. I don't really watch this show, but I'm familiar with it. It seems that they are intrested in the same things we (ATS) are. However, I am not surprised at all. Just sounds like a nice way to prevent video of the arrests making it to the airwaves

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by XFoxMulderX

Link please, we would prefer some sourcing here.
Sorry for the one-liner.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by XFoxMulderX

Check out my thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

-Kdial1

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I watched the ephisode this morning.

The female camerawoman who was first detained may have had credentials and all, as well as her co-worker (both detained prior to Amy getting the news and rushing over in attempt to resolve the issue), but evidently, according to sources interviewed later in the show, most of the detained protesters may not get to court before mid-day Wednesday because of weekend(doesnt count on a 36 hour detention) and the holiday. It's a shame that in America, the "Peace Officers" are more inclined to demostrate force and instill fear, (i'm sure that is the predetermined response already set to play out) than to use any form of restraint or judgement--scratch that==--Common Sense w

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
wow..why the post cut off the rest of my reply will remain a mystery to me... almost in a neocon afirmative sense...oh well...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I love how they release her when the video of her arrest was posted on the internet.

top topics

join