It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. warship met by anti-NATO protests in Ukraine's Sevastopol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

U.S. warship met by anti-NATO protests in Ukraine's Sevastopol

en.rian.ru

Dallas, which arrived on Monday morning at the Ukrainian port of Sevastopol where Russia has a naval base, has refused to go ashore amid anti-NATO protests, customs officers said. (U.S. Coastguard cutter Dallas enters Sevastopol Harbor - video)

The Dallas, which recently delivered humanitarian aid to Georgia's Black Sea port of Batumi, docked at the Crimean port on the invitation of Kiev.

The ship was met with thousands of protesters chanting "Yankees go home!" and waving banners with the slogan "NATO Stop!" The area around the ship has been cordoned off by police, with an anti-NATO picket nearby.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.globalresearch.ca

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
engforum.pravda.ru...
en.rian.ru...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
good to know that ukrainians don't swallow american/NATO BS propaganda and oppose NATO , and Yushochenko for bending over much to USA,NATO

en.rian.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
good to know that ukrainians are opposing the imperialist genocidal USA from ruining their nation

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
mmm, Imperialist, perhaps. But I don't see the connection to genocide.

Georgia yes, they committed genocide by intentionally shelling the city of Tshkinvali. But that wasn't the US.

The US is making a mistake by backing Georgia, seeing as Georgia is guilty of genocide... but they haven't done anything themselves.

These protesters are protesting NATO involvement. Which I can understand. NATO's presence in the region can act as kindling to the fire, hence, the best thing for NATO to do in this case is simply not be there.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
mmm, Imperialist, perhaps. But I don't see the connection to genocide.

Georgia yes, they committed genocide by intentionally shelling the city of Tshkinvali. But that wasn't the US.

The US is making a mistake by backing Georgia, seeing as Georgia is guilty of genocide... but they haven't done anything themselves.

These protesters are protesting NATO involvement. Which I can understand. NATO's presence in the region can act as kindling to the fire, hence, the best thing for NATO to do in this case is simply not be there.

It is in your very own text, let me highlight that for you:

"Georgia yes, they committed genocide...the US is making a mistake by backing Georgia"

They did back Georgia. Not just "is" as in since the start of the conflict backing, they are "US". We prop-up these regimes, they go on a terror, and somehow "we" are promoting democracy and had no idea how anyone else could want to impede "freedom".

Heads-up! This has been going on for sometime. US CORP and the neo-cons will be the death of us all.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

I don't know much about the geo-political arena, but from what I have read and seen on documentaries, Russia has never really stood on the moral highground side of the fence, at least in the last 100 years.

But in this case, it seems the Georgian leader is as loony as they come. What gave this guy the right to attack people under his governments rule?
If there is something I am missing here, by all means someone let me know.

And because of that, I could careless about the oil in the region and what or how that may affect us in the U.S. It is about time American leadership gets back on the track of its people.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
When oh when is America going to wash its hands of all these trash countries. If we would just tell all these punks that we would wipe them out if they @#$% with us and just keep to ourselves. I for one dont give two cents for any of these people, just as they dont give two cents for me!!!

join