It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Reaction to Gov. Palin's Daughter Being Pregnant

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Obama didn't issue a statement yet about Gov. Palin's daughter being pregnant, but I can guarantee you that it will be kind, gracious, and not in any way be politically motivated. This is the perfect opportunity for Obama to lead by example and display that he isn't interested in exploiting imperfections in a teenager's personal life for political gain.

And I truly believe Obama will be sincere in his belief about this. This won't be like a Hillary Clinton, saying one thing and then whispering another.

That said, for all of you who believe in what Obama stands for, when would now be a good time to follow Obama's lead and be respectful and dignified as well? Keep in mind how you would want your daughter treated if she was in a similar circumstance.

Obama stands for change. Change begins with each of us individually. This story is an opportunity to become the change you want to see.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I think he will be as well.

The question on my mind is: how long does he wait? He needs to get out in front of it NOW. You and I both know that some of his supporters will use this in an attempt to sling even more mud at the Palins and their daughter. The longer it goes without an official response, the greater the risk that people may believe he condones it.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this Jamie,

Some things should be off limits, if they disrespect this young woman, it could back fire on them,

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Edited because her daughter is apparently pregnant. Sorry.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by davion]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I don't even see why he'd issue a statement, it's quite a stupid and asinine rumor. If I was him I wouldn't even bother mentioning it because then that would just give BS bloggers more to pick apart about it.

Hello?!? This is not a rumor. Please see this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It was breaking news this morning that Palin's 17 year old daughter is 5 months pregnant and will wed the father of the baby. This makes it physically impossible for her daughter to actually be the Mother of Trig, so THAT was a rumor.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I know this is probably naive and wishful thinking, but I honestly think there IS something about both Obama and McCain that's different, and they both truly want to deal the partisan divide that exists in our country.

Maybe this story will be a chance that for both candidates to take another step forward in this area.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison

I don't even see why he'd issue a statement, it's quite a stupid and asinine rumor. If I was him I wouldn't even bother mentioning it because then that would just give BS bloggers more to pick apart about it.

Hello?!? This is not a rumor. Please see this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It was breaking news this morning that Palin's 17 year old daughter is 5 months pregnant and will wed the father of the baby. This makes it physically impossible for her daughter to actually be the Mother of Trig, so THAT was a rumor.

Jemison

Wow I am behind the times. So there was some truth to it I guess.

Might turn some people off to her since they kept that in the dark until someone probed for information and started this whole rumor.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Is Gov. Palin's daughter's pregnancy an issue of national security? is is a political issue that American's care about? NO....you will not hear a word about it from Sen. Obama....unless he is asked about it directly by the MSM.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by no name needed

And he will be asked.

The sooner he addresses it and gets it out of the way, the better for him. All he basically needs to do is congratulate the Palin family and state that he's happy to see a lot of terrible rumors put to rest. That's it.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
reply to post by no name needed

And he will be asked.

The sooner he addresses it and gets it out of the way, the better for him. All he basically needs to do is congratulate the Palin family and state that he's happy to see a lot of terrible rumors put to rest. That's it.

Like I said, he will not address it unless asked...and, there is no reason why he should. He will stay away from this like the plague...it's not important, stands no bearing on the election...and Obama is smart enough to know this.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
If he's asked, I hope he wishes her well and says it's none of his concern, because it isn't. I have no idea why he would make a statement about it.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Well, I do remember Obama saying that he didnt want one of his daughters being "punished with a baby." Who knows what he will say about Sen. Palin and her daughter.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
family values my ass
Im not dissappointed at the fact her daughter is pregnant, it happens to ALL families and this just shows that theres no such thing as "higher moral conservative values".

hey Jamie I gotta hand it to you fellas, you certainly have been doing plenty of damage control with McCain and his VP flop

[edit on 1-9-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
It appears that Obama hasn't taken the advice of his supporters. He made the right decision.

Article

"I have said before and I will repeat again: People's families are off limits," Obama said. "And people's children are especially off-limits. This shouldn't be part of politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as a governor and/or her potential performance as a vice president. So I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories. You know my mother had me when she was 18, and how a family deals with issues and teenage children, that shouldn’t be a topic of our politics."

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

It appears that Obama hasn't taken the advice of his supporters. He made the right decision.

Article

"I have said before and I will repeat again: People's families are off limits," Obama said. "And people's children are especially off-limits. This shouldn't be part of politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as a governor and/or her potential performance as a vice president. So I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories. You know my mother had me when she was 18, and how a family deals with issues and teenage children, that shouldn’t be a topic of our politics."

Good to hear, I get tired of all the rumor mills and personal smear tactics from both sides.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

It appears that Obama hasn't taken the advice of his supporters.

What do you mean? He said it's "off limits". That's the same as saying it's none of his business.

And I'd like to say that Bristol Palin being currently pregnant was NOT a rumor that was being circulated. This is a total surprise.

The rumor was that Sarah Palin lied about herself being pregnant.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
The rumor was that Sarah Palin lied about herself being pregnant.

It's still in the same vein, though. I wouldn't be surprised if Palin's advisers heard about the rumor that she lied about her pregnancy to cover for her daughter, and just told her to drop the ball so there wouldn't be anymore buildup for a backlash.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Humanizing these candidates doesn't mean these common issues of the middle and lower class should be put on the back burner. We should make comparisons as to how they're affecting our lives by economics and family planning. How can we expect third world countries or our own to be any different.

What seems to be off limits in politics is actually doing something we can all agree and do instead of just talking about it like some work of politcial promise/fiction or an american dream.

Let's talk about the differences here in how we typically solve these instead and why some have more or less options.

This off limits non issue is a common issue and needs to be discussed now.

We're not talking about brands of toilet paper.(yet)

[edit on 1-9-2008 by aleon1018]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
What does it matter what Obama's reaction to Palin's daughter being pregnant will be?

The only reaction that matters is the GOP; the party of family values.

I hear the conservatives whining, "don't bring the kids into a political fray"
When they used to smear Chelsea Clinton unmercifully, for being ugly.

This hypocritical, crybaby attitude of the family values party that never misses a chance to smear the opposition at any opportunity. Never failing to question the Patriotism of the opposition.
I listen to Rush, Hannity and Savage all the time and they make me ashamed to still be a republican.

I wonder what the reaction would be from the conservatives if it was a Liberal Democrat that was PG out of wedlock. I think we know. There would be no "off limits". The AM radio GOP talk show host would have a field day.

"off limits" my ***

[edit on 1-9-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
surely it is an issue of concern as to her ability to be a vice president. if she can't keep her daughter on the straight and narrow how in the name of god could she keep the country on the straight and narrow if mccain pops his clogs, which is a reasonable question considering his age.

okay, the daughter shouldn't be bought into it, as such, but surely it raises questions about her performance as a mother. a mother is leader of the household, if she can't lead her household what does it say about her potential as a president.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join