It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sobering moment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Good morning/afternoon/evening, folks.

Just now I woke up after having the worst dream of my life. It was also an eyeopener of sorts. I thought I would share it and my thoughts with you guys as I hope it will provide some good discussion.

In my dream I can't quite gather where I was to begin with, but I know where it ended. I believe that it began at a party of sorts, as all of my family was there. What happened is that a large Swat Team storms the place and an all out firefight ensues. With all of the children caught in the middle of the fire. At some point a grenade is thrown. The children die with my son being the last one to do so. He died in my arms and I woke up screaming "HE DOESN'T HAVE TO DIE!", "HE DOESN'T HAVE TO DIE!."

The worst thing about this dream was that it was nearly lucid. The dream SEEMED real to me.

This is very unsettling to me because up until now I was content with coming to places like ATS and venting over how messed up our government is, but I don't know if I can stop there. I mean sure, I try to get people to wake up at work and whereever I go, but it just isn't working fast enough. We can see the dark road we are travelling every day with some new outlandish thing the police state has done. Or with some outlandish thing the politicians have done. The wars, the abuse of power, the STARVATION! This stuff has to stop folks. I can't even begin to tell you the sense of dread I felt as my son stopped breathing in my arms and I was petting the shrapnel wounds in the back of his skull.

I'm not the type of person to believe in prophetic dreams. In fact, I know that such a thing will never happen. But, when I look at the current situation of the world today, I could see it happening somewhere. I don't wish that hell on anyone and I know it already happens. Women holding their starving babies in their arms. I can't allow this to go on, but I feel hopeless as to stop it. We need something big to happen. I just don't know what.

Thanks for your time.

Sorry folks, I put this in the wrong section. Don't know how to fix that.
[edit on 1-9-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

[edit on 1-9-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Yeah this is definately in the wrong section. But anyway prophetic dreams can and do happen. If you want to find out the science behind that have a look at this: www.youtube.com...

I doubt your dream was prophetic its probably because you are spending time looking at that type of thing and so its cropping up when you dream.

As a side note I once had a prohetic dream. My cat had gone missing for days and I was quite worried. I dreamed when I got back home from where I was he'd be in a specific place near my house and injured. He was and it happened exactly like in my dream.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by Space_Ed]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Deleted my entire response. Sorry for wasted bandwith.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by kinda kurious]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Thanks for the responses guys. Although I wasn't really looking for dream lessons. I know how and why we dream. I was really thinking more along the lines of how screwed up our world is right now. I mean, we see it every day, especially in here. I know this wasn't a prophetic dream, but it still sorta put some things that ARE happening into a more personal perspective for me. Things like this, my dream, happen every day to people around the world, in one form or another, and it is all unnecessary. The sooner we realize this the sooner we can fix it. It is a truly horrifying experience.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I think the dream probably relates to a situation going on in your life. You didn't go into great details but it seems the jist was this: family gathering, sudden conflict (swat team) and children caught in the middle dying.

Any turmoil going on in your life right now? Marital or family problems? Something you worry about the kids being caught up in? Or if you happen to be going off of Paxil, that could explain it too.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
eh, like I said before, I don't need dream lessons. Thanks anyways. In fact, considering I posted this thing in the wrong section, I would be just fine with it if the thread is deleted. I will work through this one on my own. Sorry for wasting your time, folks.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
The sooner we realize this the sooner we can fix it. It is a truly horrifying experience.

I apologize. I see now you didn't need common advice from common thinkers. You see the big picture. Well you get to work on fixing all that stuff, and good luck with that!

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
But yeah OP its absolutely awful.

new topics

top topics

join