It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do computers make you sick?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I was wondering if I'm the only one who feels sick from using a computer.

Computers mess me up royally. I get headaches, joint pain, increased plaque on my teeth, BO, abdominal pain, and sleeplessness when I'm around computers for prolongued periods of time.

anyone else out there like me?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Hmm ... where to really begin with this.

It also effects those that watch TV, play Playstations, etc.

Yes, computers ( and other items that you do for long periods of times ) can cause all that do above. I bet if you sit in front of your computer for too long, your eyes are also bloodshot.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
A "fun" trick to try...

Change the refresh rate on an unsuspecting persons monitor.. and watch how quick they develop a headache.

You get used to your refresh rate of a monitor when you use it day in and day out... but when it changes, it can definitely affect you.

-edit- all the symptoms the OP listed are definite symptoms of someone that just got done with a LAN party.

Basically because you haven't moved from in front of your machine in days.. so yes, after a LAN party I do have all those symptoms... all brought on by my own choice.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by TwiTcHomatic]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Pretty much depends on the person and their usage habits. Doesn't do anything to me, besides dry out my eyes a bit if I don't blink for too long.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
If this were true, I would be the walking dead.

Actually, I'd better go check if my skin needs re-gluing.....

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I use my computer extensively and have no health issues.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
As I understand it CRT monitors go bad quite often. This can deliver doses of radiation that might make you ill, if it doesn't give you cancer or a brain tumer.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
As I understand it CRT monitors go bad quite often. This can deliver doses of radiation that might make you ill, if it doesn't give you cancer or a brain tumer.

nah, they may go bad often (I've never had one fail on me, except a TV) but the inch thick leaded glass between you and the cathode tube protects you just as well no matter what. and really, if it was leaking cathode rays, you'd pretty much get sunburned on the face, perhaps eventually developing melanoma from prolonged exposure, just like sitting out in the sun would. The rays from the cathode ray tube in a TV don't really measure up to real beta radiation.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
wait a minute, did you say:

increased plaque on my teeth, BO ... when I'm around computers for prolongued periods of time.

uh, those aren't side effects, those are direct effects. In that, if you had been brushing your teeth / bathing / sleeping instead of being on the computer, that issue would have resolved itself, and perhaps other issues you mentioned as well.

top topics

join