It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Katrina Test

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
It is my personal belief that the after math of hurricane Katrina was used to test the government's power to control mass amounts of U.S. citizens. During the Katrina disaster the wealthy were able to stay in their homes and afford personal protection while whatever minority the news decided to target were considered looters. The white people were said to be "trying to survive". As oppose to the blacks. Again the agencies and powers that be running the news twisted the stories while making you feel they are giving facts and the truth. How can you know the truth when sitting on the other side of your television? How can you know the truth through a bias corporate news agency?

Brack Water agents were sent in to secure the wealthy and to stop or kill anyone who was "looting". During this time the second amendment held no warrant as each patrol stormed into peoples homes demanding their guns. Again, violation of the constitution and our rights as Americans (for those of us that are). What's even more disconcerting is that Martial Law wasn't even declared and the agents did this. Along with forced gun grabs and evacuation, we have further exposed the intricacies of the operative federalized Police State, with the presence of foreign troops, SWAT teams, privately employed security mercenaries, the treatment of citizens as "insurgents" and evacuees as "internees".

"It is now clear that a challenge on this scale requires greater federal authority and a broader role for the armed forces -- the institution of our government most capable of massive logistical operations on a moment's notice," - President Bush

When a natural disaster occurs all bets are off. This may just be a look into the future. Katrina was a preliminary test to see if it could be pulled off!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Katrina was an example of EXTREME government incompetence. Nothing more.

This reminds me of those theories that said "the government kept the nice areas from flooding". Yeah right, couldn't have anything to do with the fact the historical district which comprised the "nicest areas" was built 200+ years ago on high ground by the original settlers/pirates that founded the city.

BTW...the difference between "trying to survive" and "looting" is the difference between taking food/water/fuel for survival vs. cleaning out the entire electronics department at Walmart.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Excellent post, Sonya.......how true.......no conspiracy, simple and changeable incompetence....

sorry about the one liner...

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

That is indeed possible. This is just my theory. In fact saying I believe in it is strong words. I think it is more an intense possibility considering the current regime President Bush has subscribed us to.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by SkepticalSteve]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Katrina was not a test. They had NO CONTROL! It was a disaster!

If anything Katrina scared a lot of the "sheeple" by making everyone realize that the goverment cannot be depended on to help at all, and that people had best be prepared to defend themselves if things get bad.

It shattered the illusion of power, control and belief in the government. The government would prefer docile sheep that do not question, that trust completely, and that do not arm themselves.

Even the gun seizures, it might have worked the first time because people thought the gov was "concerned and wanted good citizens to be able to protect themselves". But now plenty have SEEN what happened, and if some nice soldier comes to the door asking if the homeowner can protect themselves people are going to lie. The illegal gun seizures alone freaked out many, and did much more harm than good from the standpoint of government control.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Obviously the disaster could not be controlled. Such technology does not exist. Although I'm sure if it did it would be utilized. It is the after math of the disaster and how it is handled that can be controlled.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The nice areas ALWAYS are on the high ground. It has to do with property values.
However, if people don't see that Katrina was used as an excuse to grab powers they shouldn't have, they are sorely misguided. Even the people that live there don't fully realize it.
If people don't understand WHY the looting was taking place, they don't exercise much sympathy for the people put into that situation. To storm through the cities, kicking down doors and stealing people's weapons is a severe violation of peoples' rights!
It will be interesting to see the aftermath of this next round of storms. In the meantime, I feel sorry for anyone that will be affected by not only the storm's surge, but our criminal government's response to it.

Edit to add that the technology DOES IN FACT exist to control weather patterns. The only question is whether or not they are using it for that.

And thanks for the star power! haha.. edited to avoid a oneliner

[edit on 31-8-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Well put and agreed. I have given you a blue star of power!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticalSteve

I feel so bad for these people that they are up against another major hurricane. I saw a video from the aftermath of Katrina. It was an old lady who literally had cops invade her home, saw that she had a gun, tackled her to the floor and ripped it away from her. AN OLD LADY!!! First off, if people just started running into my home I'd grab a gun to. Second, she had a permit for it. Third, there were about 4 cops on top of her. Why do you need that much force for a woman that weighed maybe 90 lbs.?? Its not right. I agree with your post completely. The whole situation was horrible and the government, once again did a bang up job and abused their power. I hope its a better situation this time around.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I was referring to the AFTERMATH being a disaster that was out of control. If people are implying the storm was a gov plot..well I am not even going to address that.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

Yes, I saw that too. The thing that kills me is this wasn't even under Martial Law. There are two choices as I see it. Our government is that inept that they don't know how to deal with a situation of this magnitude without violating all the "free people" and committing crimes, or they wanted to see how much they could get away with.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
SkepticalSteve; I have addressed my concerns with this at this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... .

Let me be clear however, I am not saying that I believe the gov. IS USING haarp to orchestrate this stuff. I am saying that I am withholding judgement until after I have seen their reactions to the events and how much power they grab because of them!

These people exploit these events for everything they can. They are the lowest form of scum.

I must say though that I agree with your thread premise entirely and it will get a star and flag.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
Katrina was an example of EXTREME government incompetence. Nothing more.

How are you so sure of that? I noticed over in the Ghost Forum that you were defending your position on ghosts and whether they exist. As I recall your argument was that they can't be dis-proven. So your saying ghosts can't be dis-proven but a government that is already known to take advantage of it's people and commit criminal acts surely can be dis-proven? Do you see the fallacy here?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticalSteve
Our government is that inept that they don't know how to deal with a situation of this magnitude without violating all the "free people" and committing crimes, or they wanted to see how much they could get away with.

They were obvious INEPT. If they were intelligent they would have come off looking like heroes and then showed everyone how they "stopped the violence" by getting those evil guns out of the hands of civilians.

They did neither. The world saw thousands of people desperate without food and water, they saw crime running rampant everywhere (even though the media has tried to downplay that) and the government came off looking like complete fools. It did not further any of their agendas.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Our government is that inept that they don't know how to deal with a situation of this magnitude without violating all the "free people" and committing crimes, or they wanted to see how much they could get away with.

They were obvious INEPT. If they were intelligent they would have come off looking like heroes and then showed everyone how they "stopped the violence" by getting those evil guns out of the hands of civilians.

They did neither. The world saw thousands of people desperate without food and water, they saw crime running rampant everywhere (even though the media has tried to downplay that) and the government came off looking like complete fools. It did not further any of their agendas.

I think your missing the point. It wouldn't have been to come off as heroes. That would be impossible given the current situation. It was just a test. To isolate and control a small portion of the United States that has broken out in anarchy. Just like this country is bound to do eventually for various reasons I will not go into here.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I think your missing the point. It wouldn't have been to come off as heroes. That would be impossible given the current situation. It was just a test. To isolate and control a small portion of the United States that has broken out in anarchy. Just like this country is bound to do eventually for various reasons I will not go into here.

I see what you are saying now. I still don't buy it. They showed up after a WEEK, and it was not at all a "typical u.s. city" situation. The duress was so extreme (flooding, no power, food shortages, disease everywhere) that it would not compare well to an uprising in a less extreme environment.

Besides with the war in Iraq going on, and the admin being so totally out of touch with reality anyway, I don't see why they would choose that time to start such an exercise. If you recall they had to pull troops out of Iraq to deal with the situation.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticalSteve

I'm sorry but I don't buy that for a second. Your going to tell me that some how the govt' decided to conjure up Katrina and then use it as a test to control a state of anarchy? That is completely illogical unless the govt' is planning on somehow a giant hurricane engulfing all of the U.S. because circumstances would be totally different, what worked for N.O. wouldn't necessarily work somewhere else.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Trustnoone1987

Ugh....stop being naive...Obviously you can't conjure a hurricane. It's what you decide to do after the hurricane.

join